Tim Iroegbunam

useless

16 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think we can play Pau and Luiz in the double pivot now Carlos is back. But if it's Timmy time, sound.

Sounds crazy 

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Archer is injured, that's why he's not playing. I think the last game he played he scored In the 3-1 win at Luton. I get the ffp stuff but you look at Liverpool and hoe their young players have come in and done a great job. Maybe they have better ones than us.

They can keep their best youngsters as they are not having to do it due to their huge income. We've kept Tim and if he steps up he will stay next season, if he under performs he most likely gets sold. 

I like him, he's got good skills can shoot and tackle well. Hopefully we stop this long ball way of playing we have began doing and he will fit in.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Ummm he’s been building minutes gradually he started mid week and of top of that he’s barley played any football in the last 12 months due to injury so his workload has to be managed. The formation that everyone keeps on blabbing about is the same one we used last season to be Spur at their stadium the only difference was personnel. The idea was to nullify the attacking threat of their fullbacks and hit them on the break which we did in the first half we limited them to a single shot on target and should have capitalised on our opportunities .

Limited them to one shot on target and didn't have a single one on target ourselves. We then didnt turn up for the second half, ceding possession and looking like it was the first time the team had played together.

Last season when we beat them they were playing a totally different style of football, under a different manager. Before you even mention that it was away from home.

The approach should have been front foot, it wasn't.

Tim being the straight swap option for Kamara, with most of the core of the team having had an easy run out at Ajax, would have been fairly logical.  Maybe he was protecting him, but having 5 defenders on the pitch when playing at home does suggest he wasn't confident in Tim over a far less logical choice.

Either way, he should start against Ajax and I'm hoping we go back to the formation that has worked far more often than not this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Limited them to one shot on target and didn't have a single one on target ourselves. We then didnt turn up for the second half, ceding possession and looking like it was the first time the team had played together.

Last season when we beat them they were playing a totally different style of football, under a different manager. Before you even mention that it was away from home.

The approach should have been front foot, it wasn't.

Tim being the straight swap option for Kamara, with most of the core of the team having had an easy run out at Ajax, would have been fairly logical.  Maybe he was protecting him, but having 5 defenders on the pitch when playing at home does suggest he wasn't confident in Tim over a far less logical choice.

Either way, he should start against Ajax and I'm hoping we go back to the formation that has worked far more often than not this season

Iroegbunam came off with a cramp against Ajax so it was very unlikely that he’d start again a few days later.

• Thanks 1

Looked very composed and a Premier League standard when he came on. He is quick of thought with good feet. He is quite a unit too, and still growing, I reckon he will fill the McGinn void and be a better player for us for it. I think he has a future at the club.

• Like 3

I don’t think he’s up to it yet.  Play him Thurs night, wouldn’t have him near starting 11 come Sunday.  Lacks presence in mf,  will probably come, but nows not time to blood him in prem. 

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I don’t think he’s up to it yet.  Play him Thurs night, wouldn’t have him near starting 11 come Sunday.  Lacks presence in mf,  will probably come, but nows not time to blood him in prem. 

If not now, when? He’s got to play for the team at some point if we’re keeping him and when very depleted in midfield, this is absolutely the time.

FWIW, I think he’s a good player. Will just take time to get up to speed, as with literally any player in a similar position. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Who else is going to play? Chambers? Youri? We’re not exactly spoilt for choice.

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If not now, when? He’s got to play for the team at some point if we’re keeping him and when very depleted in midfield, this is absolutely the time.

FWIW, I think he’s a good player. Will just take time to get up to speed, as with literally any player in a similar position. 

I agree - the time has presented itself and he needs to embrace the opportunity. 

I want Timo to get the minutes but not sure why people shudder at the though of Chambers filling in.

At the end of the day he's a senior player with experience.

Insert " He played DM for Fulham " here too 👀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I want Timo to get the minutes but not sure why people shudder at the though of Chambers filling in.

At the end of the day he's a senior player with experience.

Insert " He played DM for Fulham " here too 👀

Because

spacer.png

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

As highlighted by others... the alternative is a non-dm (Youri), a formation that doesn't work (see spurs game), or a player that Emery has tried to sell twice already (Chambers). Now is definitely the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As highlighted by others... the alternative is a non-dm (Youri), a formation that doesn't work (see spurs game), or a player that Emery has tried to sell twice already (Chambers). Now is definitely the time.

Chambers has played well in DM position.  Cant remember who was against though.  Dont think Emery will play him but.  Also did tielmans not play in DM recently as well?

42 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Claims for Chambers at DM will go out the window quick the first time you see him trying to cover any player that can sprint faster than a light jog. 

Or just a " Flat 3 " with Doug being the deepest when required?

Timo as the box to box cum disruptor and Youri with the license to support attack when required.

8 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Claims for Chambers at DM will go out the window quick the first time you see him trying to cover any player that can sprint faster than a light jog. 

Same goes for Tielemans… I shudder at the thought…

Â