Derby County

MaVilla

On 08/06/2022 at 10:16, Genie said:

I read that the funds from the potential new owners to cover wages didn’t arrive, wages were paid by someone else “close to the club”. Is that Rooney? If so, I applaud him.

I’m sure I read last year he was paying the non-playing staffs wages for a period last season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Sounds like the worst is a real possibility. Biggest club to ever go under? 

Yet small heath manage to wriggle out of it every year.

Although they ain't big...🤣

26 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This is what our future could have been if we didn't win the lottery. 

In England maybe,

Rangers, Fiorentina are probably bigger. Parma another one that have a few European trophies

42 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This is what our future could have been if we didn't win the lottery. 

I really don't get why Ashley seems to have been ignored despite this being the alternative.

Sure he won't pump loads of money in, but he'll keep them going. Although maybe he'll invest in the club if they don't demand he leaves a year after buying them

It's coming to light that this Kirchner hasn't even got the money to buy Derby. He is behind nearly 1 million dollars in sponsorship money to the NHL, an a twitter rumour is, he is behind on payroll on his main business. Another failure of due diligence by the football fat cats.

Fancy that. Now pinning hopes on Mike Ashley. I really feel for Derby.  I remember the feeling that i had when we found out we were nearly bust and that was about 48 hours before NWSE rode to the rescue. The fans have had this feeling now for months. Every time there is light at the end of the tunnel something else happens. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Kirchner has pulled out. There are in serious trouble. 

I was listening to Curtis Davis on Talksport a few days ago, who was pretty sure this was happening, because this guy had been dodging questions and walking away from reporters as early as a couple of weeks ago, he knew it wasn't going through and didn't want to fess up.

Davis also dropped in that he was basically getting all of the news about what was going on with his club from Twitter. Right now, they have a squad of 5 players. The players out of contract have no idea what's going on other than what we know, and it's hard to see why any of them will stick around when there might not be an owner able to offer new contracts. I can see the club being unable to fulfill its fixtures this season, what happens then, expulsion from the league?

What the **** are the administrators up to? 

Make no mistake they'll be taking massive fees out of this.  What kind of due diligence did they do to choose Kirchner as preferred bidder? 

Yes they've got a responsibility to achieve the best value but they've got to ensure any deal has a good likelihood of happening. Months wasted on this joker. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Make no mistake they'll be taking massive fees out of this.  What kind of due diligence did they do to choose Kirchner as preferred bidder? 

Yes they've got a responsibility to achieve the best value but they've got to ensure any deal has a good likelihood of happening. Months wasted on this joker. 

Time for a fit and proper persons test for administrators? Who appoints these people?

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

The administrators sound like a absolute circus. They ahve four-five interested parties let they opt for the shady kircher that most of us kind of figured didnt have the funds to buy them.

I think derby got a lucky escape there as i think kircher would have put them in a bigger mess

• Like 1

On 10/06/2022 at 14:42, Zatman said:

In England maybe,

Rangers, Fiorentina are probably bigger. Parma another one that have a few European trophies

Deportivo La Corunia have taken a massive tumble in recent years… Not sure if they went under or not though 

Another nail in the coffin for them, Rooney has quit.

Can't blame him, apparently they're back at training with 7 players, and for months he's been paying for travel and equipment out of his own pocket. The administrators have potentially sent this club bust and need to be held accountable for this shitshow.

Â