Derby County

MaVilla

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

I hope they survive. Such a shame for the fans to be punished for the misdemeanours of the owners. 

And if they keep Rooney they actually might.  You look at the BBC football table and they are a sea of green surrounded on all sides by red and black. 

No reason to believe that those around them are going to suddenly start winning and they start losing.  They're clearly much much better than the teams around them.

Regarding the administrators wanting to cash in on Rooney, their responsibility is to run the business as well as they can and try to turn it around. They very best way to do that is to keep winning and climb the table. I don't think it's black and white that they just take the compo. 

Yep fans punished, it’s pathetic. Feel for them. 

Derby have only lost 7 games in the league this season. Same as QPR, who are 4th :D 

Only conceded one goal more than Fulham and Bournemouth

Edited by Xela

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Derby have only lost 7 games in the league this season. Same as QPR, who are 4th :D 

Only conceded one goal more than Fulham and Bournemouth

yeah, amazingly they would be 12th without the points deduction, tbh with the summer they had, the players they lost, and the limited way they had to get new players, they have done really well this season.

• Like 1

Apparently Middlesbrough have filed a lawsuit against Derby for them making the playoffs ahead of them in 2019 for lost revenue for not getting promoted. It assumes that Boro would have beat us, Leeds or the Baggies and went up :D 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently Middlesbrough have filed a lawsuit against Derby for them making the playoffs ahead of them in 2019 for lost revenue for not getting promoted. It assumes that Boro would have beat us, Leeds or the Baggies and went up :D 

Well apparently it’s one of the significant factors putting off would be buyers.

Middlesbrough should really do the honourable thing and retract it, seems far fetched to me anyway as you wrote it above. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was going to say that draw isn't much use for Derby, didn't realize they were only seven points from safety. Cardiff have a few games in hand, so probably relying on Reading's bad form continuing.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Was going to say that draw isn't much use for Derby, didn't realize they were only seven points from safety. Cardiff have a few games in hand, so probably relying on Reading's bad form continuing.

It’s remarkable that they are within touching distance, it has to be promotion almost title winning form from now to the end of the season to stay up, really hope they do.

They’ve built a really good team spirit, really drawing on the siege mentality effect.

It’s going to be tough for them to maintain it though with so many young and inexperienced players who may become severely fatigued toward the end of the season. 

I hope they stay up and I hope the club is rescued off the field, would be an absolute travesty for a club the size of Derby to go under.

• Like 3

I do wonder if Rooney would do as well if they were without these unfortunate circumstances.

It's a cliche but it's easier to perform when there are no expectations and you've got a point to prove.

Edited by villalad21

• 2 weeks later...
Â