Derby County

MaVilla

Derby's academy is underated Kaba, Scanlon, and Sharpe recently went to Man Utd, Kellyman is apparently signing for us Aston Villa, they sold Eze and Ryan to Norwich and Brighton, Gordon one of the best youth players in the country went to Liverpool, and Delap has been doing very well at Man City.

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The takeover has gone through today, fans delighted but to me the new owner strikes me as a complete charlatan.

I think so too but what was the alternative?

Rumours of mike ashley wanting them but i dont think he ever was as he would have easily got them if he wanted them.

Just hope ashley dont buy blose

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think so too but what was the alternative?

Rumours of mike ashley wanting them but i dont think he ever was as he would have easily got them if he wanted them.

Just hope ashley dont buy blose

Yeah I understand the relief but just can't see it ending well for them, the way their fans are going on you'd swear they have been bought out by NSWE but your man is only worth around £5m although he claims to be richer due to crypto investments.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Just came to post the same thing. Gutting for their fans if that's the case.

I'm sure they'll be devastated, but I'm really not sure this is a bad thing for them. The guy that was meant to be buying them has a hell of a lot of red flags.

37 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm sure they'll be devastated, but I'm really not sure this is a bad thing for them. The guy that was meant to be buying them has a hell of a lot of red flags.

Those red flags are exactly why it's failing.

As to whether its not a bad thing... guess that depends on whether they find another buyer. 

It would be sad to see them fold as one of the original clubs in the first football league.  Can't imagine what their fans would feel.

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Those red flags are exactly why it's failing.

As to whether its not a bad thing... guess that depends on whether they find another buyer. 

It would be sad to see them fold as one of the original clubs in the first football league.  Can't imagine what their fans would feel.

Yes, but they have been there and obvious for months. Any Derby fan who took until today to lose the faith in him was being naïve in the extreme.

They should be happy the deal is finally collapsing so they can at least ditch their preferred bidder and try to broker another deal.

• Like 1

I read that the funds from the potential new owners to cover wages didn’t arrive, wages were paid by someone else “close to the club”. Is that Rooney? If so, I applaud him.

34 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yes, but they have been there and obvious for months. Any Derby fan who took until today to lose the faith in him was being naïve in the extreme.

They should be happy the deal is finally collapsing so they can at least ditch their preferred bidder and try to broker another deal.

World class administrators these are

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

World class administrators these are

Although it has been a shambles I think it highlights the risks of the club selling their stadium to the owner. If Derby owned the stadium I don't believe for a second they'd have had this much trouble finalising a deal.

They could be done if they don't find a new buyer very quickly. It's terrible timing too with the new season about to begin, they could get expelled like Bury. 

Expecting Ashley to pick up the pieces for peanuts though. 

The impact of failing to win a playoff final should never be underestimated. Derby would never be in this mess if they’d beaten us that day. Even if they’d gone straight back down they’d have still had a massive financial boost. There’s more to their failings than just that, but it exaggerates the decline when they were there with us at Wembley that day. 

If I was a Derby fan I would be putting up banners begging Mike Ashley to buy them.

Maybe he's not ever going to transform a club into some kind of global powerhouse, but at this point just someone who can keep the club in existence who clearly has his own money would be a massive bonus for them.

For Ashely he will probably earn money off it.  He will be getting it at a rock bottom price and they shouldn't be too difficult to get back into the Championship at which point they will be worth a ton more than he's paid for them.

Beggars as they say cannot be choosers.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 10:50, Demitri_C said:

Wasnt mike ashley  interested in them ? He would be a brillaint for them

Fully agree. Hes not for everyone but he knows how to deal with a distressed business. 

Hes perfect for them!

Â