Derby County

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Why spend £50m on a club probably heading for League 1? Sounds a bit excessive doesn’t it?

Maybe it means buying them for like a tenner and taking on £50m worth of their debt

• Like 2

Buy a club for pennies that already has a trimmed wage bill. Free advertisement. Hopefully one day make the club self funding. Sell for huge profit.

Mike Ashley minus a relegation or two showed its possible to not put a penny into a football club and for it generate money and increase in value all whilst giving you and your other shit business a huge profile and advertisement.

It's shit for a supporter but not for MA.

On 08/01/2022 at 00:29, rodders0223 said:

Buy a club for pennies that already has a trimmed wage bill. Free advertisement. Hopefully one day make the club self funding. Sell for huge profit.

Mike Ashley minus a relegation or two showed its possible to not put a penny into a football club and for it generate money and increase in value all whilst giving you and your other shit business a huge profile and advertisement.

It's shit for a supporter but not for MA.

Thing is Mike Ashley put plenty into transfers , he’s spent on average near £50m per season for 5 years. I doubt he spend much at Derby but he will definitely make them a championship team again if they get relegated.

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Thing is Mike Ashley put plenty into transfers , he’s spent on average near £50m per season for 5 years. I doubt he spend much at Derby but he will definitely make them a championship team again if they get relegated.

I think i read they spent more than Liverpool in the last 3 years

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I believe or thought everything Newcastle have spent, at least in recent years was what the club generated.

19/20 season 

Joelinton £45m

Saint Maximin £17m

Krafth £5m

20/21

Callum Wilson £21m

Jamal Lewis £15m

Ryan fraser free

21/22

Joe Willock £26m 

Lowest net spend in the past 3 season is this season,  Selling Saint Maximin would have been easy profit for Ashley if he wanted to but he didn’t.  A lack of ambition yes but they’ve been sustainable, and have out spent a few clubs over the years. Man utd are the same complaining about a lack of investment under the Glazers despite spending near a billion on transfers. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Also have had to let go of Jagielka, who has been one of their best players this season (so I read, I haven't actually watched any of their games) 

His contract expired and with the embargo they weren’t able to re-sign him, just to add a little context.

Apparently he’s off to Stoke, doing well for a 39 year old who’s legs seemed to have gone almost 10 years ago!

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

Another win today and just 8 points from safety (have played one or two games more than a few of the other teams down there though.)

I really think Rooney is going to keep them up at this stage, and if he does then frankly it's the most impressive job of any manager in the entire football league this season.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Another win today and just 8 points from safety (have played one or two games more than a few of the other teams down there though.)

I really think Rooney is going to keep them up at this stage, and if he does then frankly it's the most impressive job of any manager in the entire football league this season.

Yep, long way to go still but after two points deductions to be even with a shout of staying up is simply amazing. They would be on 35 points I think putting them in about 11th I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Rooney could be the Everton manager soon. 

I don't actually think Rooney would leave Derby, he's stuck with them through a lot and is pretty much hero worshipped by their fans, not just for their good results considering the circumstances, but for the way he's handled all the off the field issues they're having as well. I think he'll want to stay and as tough as a task at it is, try and keep them in the championship.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't actually think Rooney would leave Derby, he's stuck with them through a lot and is pretty much hero worshipped by their fans, not just for their good results considering the circumstances, but for the way he's handled all the off the field issues they're having as well. I think he'll want to stay and as tough as a task at it is, try and keep them in the championship.

I had a look at their forum a few weeks ago and they seem fairly convinced that he's on a fair wack, which is being covered by 32Red rather than by the club. Nonetheless he's done fantastic job thus far, at this stage it's basically the perfect first job - keep them up and he's a miracle worker, get relegated and he can blame it on the chaos at the club

18 minutes ago, useless said:

If Everton offer a compensation package he may not have much of a choice. The club is managed by the administrators and to get a payoff to get an expensive wage off the payroll is like a blowjob to an administrator

Â