Derby County

MaVilla

Apologies if there is a Derby thread already...i cant seem to find it if there is!

Amazing whats going on with them, they have 9 senior players on the books, 2 of those are GKs, and Rooney has just gone and injured one of his outfield players himself, they will be out for 3 months (Jason Knight).

I cant see how they wont be relegation candidates......what a mess, amazing to think they were a win away from the Prem only 2 years ago.

From the outside, it looks like Mel Morris has run an absolute shambles. They are a cert to go down in my opinion, hoping to go to one of their games if I can as my Mrs' brother is a Derby fan 😄

I don't think they'll do terribly. Might be fighting relegation but they've got some talent in. Tom Lawrence is a good player and they have Aluko and Morrison on trial soon to sign, they'll end up with 20 or so players in the squad by the time the season rolls round you'd imagine?

1 hour ago, blunther said:

What's happened to them? Dodgy owner or something?

They're under a transfer embargo due to submitting accounts in the wrong year I believe.  Some wording in that meant that they could only sign free agents if they had fewer than 23 players "of a professional standing" (or something alike), which was brought in to question as they fielded a load of youngsters during a third round cup game last season :D

On appeal or something, they've been cleared to sign free agents but this only happened a few days ago.  Squad is decimated.

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

They're under a transfer embargo due to submitting accounts in the wrong year I believe.  Some wording in that meant that they could only sign free agents if they had fewer than 23 players "of a professional standing" (or something alike), which was brought in to question as they fielded a load of youngsters during a third round cup game last season :D

On appeal or something, they've been cleared to sign free agents but this only happened a few days ago.  Squad is decimated.

So where are the senior players that played last season?  Have they left or been sold?

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So where are the senior players that played last season?  Have they left or been sold?

they released about 20 of them at end of June and brought in nobody of note. Derby stayed up by skin of there teeth last season

Just now, av1 said:

Rooney is thick as pig shit, he’s been played by a couple of “15mins of fame” slags 

Yep

And whereas there should be some sort of criticism of them for taking advantage of a guy who's so drunk he can't keep his eyes open that then just gets spun back round to Wayne Rooney shouldn't be that drunk 

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So if we loaned them a player they'd be more or less guaranteed 46 games... 

transfer embargo makes it sound like just free transfers they can sign. Rooney has enough contacts to get a couple of loans but not sure they can. Be perfect for a player like Ramsey or even Davis

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

And whereas there should be some sort of criticism of them for taking advantage of a guy who's so drunk he can't keep his eyes open that then just gets spun back round to Wayne Rooney shouldn't be that drunk 

Agreed mate. Clothes on, clearly asleep, without knowing any details it looks like he’s not done much wrong other than being drunk. He’s been played 

Â