Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

If I were a footballer I don't think I would even want to play international football.

I'd rather take the rest and play for longer

Easy to say when you're not one.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah that's not what happened at all though FFS 😂

They were talking about his Phoenix stablemate Dujian Whisper and Raheem Sterling being at Chelsea ( Fellow Jamaicans ) and guy asked him if that would be impetus for him to accept an offer from Chelsea etc.

He said " I don't know how to answer that question... But big club " etc Jamaican players at big clubs shining light on the country etc.

He basically answered the question pretty intelligently, he literally never answered the question directly at all.

" I'm happy and comfortable where I am but you never know what can happen in Football ".

Would be pretty stupid of him to slap any club away outright then they offer 100 mill or something for him in summer lol

Amazing how people just jump to the conclusion that will generate noise.

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

This is ''scare mongering'' and click bait from John Townley and the Birmingham Mail.....and Trentvilla get's it

Exactly... And so the snowball begins.

I genuinely hate media at times.

Extremely dissappointed in John as well for the framing.

I dread what the comments on that tweet will be from fans who haven't even watched or listened to the context of anything either 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, imavillan said:

This is ''scare mongering'' and click bait from John Townley and the Birmingham Mail.....and Trentvilla get's it

Townley's come across as an utter drama clown here. 

Leon didn't slight Villa at all, he just spoke the truth. Unfortunately, in the Villa bubble it's all about Villa but outside we've been nothing but existing for the last 14 years. Not won a trophy since the nineties however, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, City and Arsenal have mopped up nearly everything in the last 25 years so it's normal those outside the bubble have different perspectives. I think it's pretty disgusting from Townley to come out with this shit tbh and wouldn't be surprised if he does create a backlash towards Leon with the clown brigade. 

Things are changing around the club, even the perspective that we have now arrived back at the top table under the owners and Emery. People are slowly seeing the club in a different light again and in a positive way, everyone should be trying to keep it that way, not cause discontent.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Exactly... And so the snowball begins.

I genuinely hate media at times.

Extremely dissappointed in John as well for the framing.

I dread what the comments on that tweet will be from fans who haven't even watched or listened to the context of anything either 🤦🏾‍♂️

Bring back Ash!

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Glad his form is good or all would be out with the pitchforks again. A nothing story just like the Jetski incident .

If his form was still bad.

We'd have bullet points about him running from police on jet skis and beating up fans in the stands... 😂 And " What do you expect when you sign a player from a random shack in Jamaica " etc

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw that Butler has commented on this 

Said while they've tried to mask it as a discipline issue.

Truth is Leon was tired of the poor conditions of travel, accomodation, security and has finally refused to pay his own way etc.

Also said he got alot of his injuries due to poor accomodation and multiple circumstances on international duty and so on.

So basically he's refused to play until they get their act together at the JFF

Track and Field must be the top priority sport in JA. But they could and should be a bigger player in CONCACAF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Townley's come across as an utter drama clown here. 

Leon didn't slight Villa at all, he just spoke the truth. Unfortunately, in the Villa bubble it's all about Villa but outside we've been nothing but existing for the last 14 years. Not won a trophy since the nineties however, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, City and Arsenal have mopped up nearly everything in the last 25 years so it's normal those outside the bubble have different perspectives. I think it's pretty disgusting from Townley to come out with this shit tbh and wouldn't be surprised if he does create a backlash towards Leon with the clown brigade. 

Things are changing around the club, even the perspective that we have now arrived back at the top table under the owners and Emery. People are slowly seeing the club in a different light again and in a positive way, everyone should be trying to keep it that way, not cause discontent.

I never understood why the local journalists go with these negative headlines. Retain and grow your audience with content that is fair but optimistic, get behind the club when we are having a positive season. It is so disappointing, rightly people are unfollowing and complaining. At least spin Bailey's words positively. Gregg Evans was the same (thankfully he was replaced).

Sky are now picking this news up. Sky want Spurs and Utd in the top 5 - they will use as much negative noise they can against us to help achieve that. Townley & Bailey have let the club down here. Thanks guys! Great time for you guys to promote yourselves...👍.....not

Edited by Villa_Vids

From Sky Sports:

Bailey open to leaving Aston Villa for 'big six'

Leon Bailey has said he would like to join a 'big six' team in the Premier League, despite signing a new deal at Aston Villa last month.

Bailey told the Let’s Be Honest Podcast that he is focused on finishing the season strongly with Villa, where he is very happy.

Although, he said would be open to moving to another club that could give him a bigger platform to promote Jamaican football.

lcimg-cdd65302-c2ed-4261-917a-b6711fa6451f.jpeg

Asked if he is interested in a move to Chelsea in the near future, Bailey said: "You have big teams in England, they call themselves the big six. The Arsenals and the Chelseas. 

"It has always been my dream to play in the Premier League and I am right now.

“Who wouldn’t want to go to a massive team? Especially coming out of Jamaica, do you know how big that is for the country? Especially being who I am as well.

“It would shine more light and that has been my focus whenever overseas. It is to use my platform to be able to shine light on the country and the young talents. It’s difficult for us Jamaicans to even make it to Europe."

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

2 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Bailey open to leaving Aston Villa for 'big six'

Leon Bailey has said he would like to join a 'big six' team in the Premier League, despite signing a new deal at Aston Villa last month.

Bailey told the Let’s Be Honest Podcast that he is focused on finishing the season strongly with Villa, where he is very happy.

Although, he said would be open to moving to another club that could give him a bigger platform to promote Jamaican football.

lcimg-cdd65302-c2ed-4261-917a-b6711fa6451f.jpeg

Asked if he is interested in a move to Chelsea in the near future, Bailey said: "You have big teams in England, they call themselves the big six. The Arsenals and the Chelseas. 

"It has always been my dream to play in the Premier League and I am right now.

“Who wouldn’t want to go to a massive team? Especially coming out of Jamaica, do you know how big that is for the country? Especially being who I am as well.

“It would shine more light and that has been my focus whenever overseas. It is to use my platform to be able to shine light on the country and the young talents. It’s difficult for us Jamaicans to even make it to Europe."

😂😂😂

Â