Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

16 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Love the guy. Fantastic again tonight. 

but why do we keep getting linked with wingers, when we have 2 good ones on form.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Definite upgrade on traore. He has the same maverick ability but is more consistent, is better defensively and has end product.

Traore had better decision making (in the final third, not his own!) - e.g. that pass that Bailey never made VS Spurs to put Tielemans in, there's no way Traore wouldn't have made that.

I do think he's an upgrade overall though.

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

but why do we keep getting linked with wingers, when we have 2 good ones on form.

Who's the other one who's on form?

4 hours ago, TRO said:

They are both right wingers?

His poor decision making is irritating me.

Firstly last week VS Spurs, then not releasing Duran first half today.

Might sound petty but if he makes the right decisions, we have a good chance of taking the lead in both games.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw that Butler has commented on this 

Said while they've tried to mask it as a discipline issue.

Truth is Leon was tired of the poor conditions of travel, accomodation, security and has finally refused to pay his own way etc.

Also said he got alot of his injuries due to poor accomodation and multiple circumstances on international duty and so on.

So basically he's refused to play until they get their act together at the JFF

Kill CONCACAF before CONCACAF kills you

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Truth is Leon was tired of the poor conditions of travel, accomodation, security and has finally refused to pay his own way etc.

Also said he got alot of his injuries due to poor accomodation and multiple circumstances on international duty and so on.

If I were a footballer I don't think I would even want to play international football.

I'd rather take the rest and play for longer

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is sad, similar to what has happened with West Indies cricket over the last 20 years. It just compounds the issue because you lose your most marketable and talented star

I only watched 10 minutes but interesting to hear him basically say he would join Chelsea right now as it would "shine more light" on Jamaica 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, bcarpet said:

I only watched 10 minutes but interesting to hear him basically say he would join Chelsea right now as it would "shine more light" on Jamaica 

Yeah that's not what happened at all though FFS 😂

They were talking about his Phoenix stablemate Dujian Whisper and Raheem Sterling being at Chelsea ( Fellow Jamaicans ) and guy asked him if that would be impetus for him to accept an offer from Chelsea etc.

He said " I don't know how to answer that question... But big club " etc Jamaican players at big clubs shining light on the country etc.

He basically answered the question pretty intelligently, he literally never answered the question directly at all.

" I'm happy and comfortable where I am but you never know what can happen in Football ".

Would be pretty stupid of him to slap any club away outright then they offer 100 mill or something for him in summer lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah that's not what happened at all though FFS 😂

They were talking about his Phoenix stablemate Dujian Whisper and Raheem Sterling being at Chelsea ( Fellow Jamaicans ) and guy asked him if that would be impetus for him to accept an offer from Chelsea etc.

He said " I don't know how to answer that question... But big club " etc Jamaican players at big clubs shining light on the country etc.

He basically answered the question pretty intelligently, he literally never answered the question directly at all.

" I'm happy and comfortable where I am but you never know what can happen in Football ".

Would be pretty stupid of him to slap any club away outright then they offer 100 mill or something for him in summer lol

But it is.   Yes they were talking about the other Jamaicans and they asked if he would accept a move to Chelsea, he then says - There are the big 6 in England including Arsenal and Chelsea...who wouldn’t want to go to a massive club especially coming out of Jamaica, it would shine more light. Its noth about other players, its about him, he even says "especially being who i am"

19 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

But it is.   Yes they were talking about the other Jamaicans and they asked if he would accept a move to Chelsea, he then says - There are the big 6 in England including Arsenal and Chelsea...who wouldn’t want to go to a massive club especially coming out of Jamaica, it would shine more light. Its noth about other players, its about him, he even says "especially being who i am"

So he said I would join Chelsea right now because it would shine more light on Jamaica? 🤦🏾‍♂️

What about everything else he said in follow up and how he ended the answer?

Anyway I'm just happy he is playing well right now, because if he wasn't this would be convoluted even worse than it is now.

I think it was a smart and generic answer. 

Again, it would be stupid of him to say " Yes I would accept an offer from Chelsea right now " or " No I wouldn't accept an offer from Chelsea "

I know what we want to hear when a player is playing well is " Yes I'm Villa through and through.. and want to be here until I stop performing and ppl offer to drive me to the airport for free again " etc

The interviewer was really trying to coax this out of him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So he said I would join Chelsea right now because it would shine more light on Jamaica? 🤦🏾‍♂️

What about everything else he said in follow up and how he ended the answer?

Anyway I'm just happy he is playing well right now, because if he wasn't this would be convoluted even worse than it is now.

I think it was a smart and generic answer. 

Again, it would be stupid of him to say " Yes I would accept an offer from Chelsea right now " or " No I wouldn't accept an offer from Chelsea "

I know what we want to hear when a player is playing well is " Yes I'm Villa through and through.. and want to be here until I stop performing and ppl offer to drive me to the airport for free again " etc

The interviewer was really trying to coax this out of him.

Fair enough.  I disagree with you but thats the way it is sometimes.

In my opinion, he could have said "No i wouldn't accept an offer from Chelsea right now" (key difference between what options you gave me), which would have been a far better answer as it always leaves the door open should he ever need it but it makes us lot feel far better.  No need for him to say "Yes I'm Villa through and through.." etc as you've put.

Â