Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

41 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This too, I guess - the Young / Buendia / Bailey / Ings linkup isn't something we've had much of a chance to see since they all joined.

That’s pretty wild all things considered. I know there’s been injuries, but wow did it pay off today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bailey on the left playing like prime Giggs today.

Who’d have thought playing a left winger on the left would work so well.

Playing both him and Watkins gave us the natural width missing for so long. If they'd played opposite sides and inverted, we probably wouldn't have had the width which works so well for us today. Masterclass or common sense it worked well. 

Brilliant play from him today!  We just need another rapid player of his quality on the right and we'd have one of the scariest attacks in the entire league.  The interplay with Bailey, Buendia, and Young was exquisite.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Brilliant play from him today!  We just need another rapid player of his quality on the right and we'd have one of the scariest attacks in the entire league.  The interplay with Bailey, Buendia, and Young was exquisite.

Agreed, Sarr would have balanced the team nicely for this formation. 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Agreed, Sarr would have balanced the team nicely for this formation. 

Someone in that mold, but TBH we dodged a bullet not signing Sarr, IMO.  He's way to inconsistent in the Premier League to be the answer for us.  

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Absolutely. I think it was @JAMAICAN-VILLANthat mentioned in one of the threads earlier that you can see why the club wanted to sign Sarr. The pace and directness of those two on each wing would be frightening. 

I much prefer him on the left. That last assist for Ollie doesn’t happen if that’s on his right foot IMO. 

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Someone in that mold, but TBH we dodged a bullet not signing Sarr, IMO.  He's way to inconsistent in the Premier League to be the answer for us.  

Noah Okafor. Him and Bailey will be devastating for the opposition defenders.

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Absolutely. I think it was @JAMAICAN-VILLANthat mentioned in one of the threads earlier that you can see why the club wanted to sign Sarr. The pace and directness of those two on each wing would be frightening. 

I much prefer him on the left. That last assist for Ollie doesn’t happen if that’s on his right foot IMO. 

He crosses well with his right as well. I like the option of being able to switch him to the other wing if there is a need.

Had to watch his run for the 4th goal again, maybe not the blistering pace we expected off the ball but, a little bit like Jack, great close control on the ball at pace once he starting going vertical.

And then a great curler to put it on a plate for Watkins. Type of tough stuff you just didn’t see under Gerrard.

Â