Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

A link up to a Jamaican academy could be a  very useful thing for us. Even if it is run by a biased father of a lot of the children, I'd trust our scouts to be able to identify the talent worth following up on. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Would be very good bonding between the two organisations for potential stars of the future

Yeah Jamaica has produced a couple of good talents in the last few years. Sterling and Bailey. If we get one of them before everyone else it makes this bailey deal way better. 

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It's absolutely incredible for them. But it is humorous to watch this presser considering what else is happening in the world of Villa.

Trust me, it's all a bit awkward and cringe for me as well lol, but I get it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trust me, it's all a bit awkward and cringe for me as well lol, but I get it.

I know Cricket in the West Indies in general has lost out to American sports is it the same for football too?

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I'm just glad I've been able to leave the Grealish thread.

There's been more weird deep fake shit going on in there whilst you've been gone.  People are sad. 

• Like 1

One thing I would say is that I expected an unlikeable professional presentation that left me cold and not really wanting Bailey at the club.

Instead we've got an odd but endearing ramshackle presentation that has totally flipped my thinking and now I've warmed to Bailey and his Dad.

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

There's been more weird deep fake shit going on in there whilst you've been gone.  People are sad. 

It's absolutely pathetic.

It was either a Villa fan trying to wind other Villa fans up and give them hope. God knows why.

Or a fan of another club trying to do the same thing. Are things that dull at their own club?

Either way, there are some real sad losers out there.

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Bailey passes up the line to Bailey, pushes it inside to Bailey, Bailey carries it forward, plays it wide to Bailey, Bailey... Bailey back out wide, crosses into Bailey... Bailey! BAILEY WITH THE HEADER! Done lovely play there from Aston Bailey and they take the lead.

Edited by Chindie

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I know Cricket in the West Indies in general has lost out to American sports is it the same for football too?

Do you mean with regards to growth, money, talent or coverage?

Athletics is our number 1, I'd say Footie is our number 2.

Problem is, we lose some of our best talents in all sports, to other countries, USA, UK, Canada etc.

I know the same old report keeps going around about Bailey and the national team, but it's actually admirable that he chose to represent Jamaica, he had other options.

Note: Lads, just because I'm Jamaican, doesn't mean I know everything about everything Jamaican news related, I've lived in the Middle East for ages . haha

That's like assuming that @Pissflaps knows everything about.... nevermind. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

Â