Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you mean with regards to growth, money, talent or coverage?

Athletics is our number 1, I'd say Footie is our number 2.

Problem is, we lose some of our best talents in all sports, to other countries, USA, UK, Canada etc.

I know the same old report keeps going around about Bailey and the national team, but it's actually admirable that he chose to represent Jamaica, he had other options.

Note: Lads, just because I'm Jamaican, doesn't mean I know everything about everything Jamaican news related, I've lived in the Middle East for ages though. haha

That's like assuming that @Pissflaps knows everything about.... nevermind. 

I mean in terms of gifted youngsters choosing the USA to further their careers in sports such as basketball, gridiron, baseball etc.

Anyone else get the feeling his dad could be problematic in Bailey's time at Villa. Seems to like the attention. That press conference thing tonight was very gimmicky and like he was pawning off his other sons.

• Like 3

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Anyone else get the feeling his dad could be problematic in Bailey's time at Villa. Seems to like the attention. That press conference thing tonight was very gimmicky and like he was pawning off his other sons.

I don't think so, and even if he did I trust that our management team would put a stop to it quickly.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Yeah I’m not thrilled about it.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I don't know, I thought he seemed fairly genuine if a bit eccentric. I was worried he'd be a slick, nasty piece of work but he didn't come across like that.

Always a chance that he could prove to be a problem but I guess we have to hope the current administration are tough enough now to deal with him if that is the case.

4 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Yeah I’m not thrilled about it.

I just think, in their mind, the whole thing will be very structured. 2 years here, then he'll want a top 2-3 club. For that to happen though, he's to light this place up so no downside in that sense.

33 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I think we all know where our pre-season training camp is going to be next summer.

I will book a flight immediately at the prospect of seeing John McGinn in the Jamaican Summer.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Pawning them off to who, Villa fans?

15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It was genuinely the strangest thing I've ever seen, but perhaps it was his way of getting them comfortable in front of the camera. Kinda like media training.

20 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Tbf to him, Leon got delayed so was probably trying to fill the time. 

• Like 1

Tired, confused…

I have no idea what’s going on 🤣

All the Grealish stuff and now this Bailey business has me spinning 😆

How/why is he signing a contract away from the club with no club officials there?

Dazed & confused…

😆

• Haha 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Tired, confused…

I have no idea what’s going on 🤣

All the Grealish stuff and now this Bailey business has me spinning 😆

How/why is he signing a contract away from the club with no club officials there?

Dazed & confused…

😆

the stream isnt even on??, whut is going on?

Â