Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Bailey is for sale if someone wants to buy him as are a few other squad players, Chambers, Dendoncker, Digne, Olsen. And before anyone starts babbling on about needing a squad, I think the club bloody knows that, if any of these players are sold they will obvioulsy be replaced with players we think are better suited for what Emery wants.

And also just because the club is prepared to listen to offers for them that doen't mean to say they're not rated or can't come good if they do stay, the situation is way more nuanced than people on here understand.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Maybe but I don’t think the whole merits of someone’s opinion should be dismissed based on the Traore versus Bailey debate. It’s like arguing over Ant and Dec. They’ve both been poor. I’d argue Traore has done more in less appearances but that’s just my opinion. But I think some people are in denial at just how bad Bailey has been. 

Where are the PL clubs interested in Traore? Where are the clubs from the top 5 leagues? 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Bailey is for sale if someone wants to buy him as are a few other squad players, Chambers, Dendoncker, Digne, Olsen. And before anyone starts babbling on about needing a squad, I think the club bloody knows that, if any of these players are sold they will obvioulsy be replaced with players we think are better suited for what Emery wants.

And also just because the club is prepared to listen to offers for them that doen't mean to say they're not rated or can't come good if they do stay, the situation is way more nuanced than people on here understand.

I agree, if we move for another forward one of Bailey, Coutinho, Archer or Duran goes out and vice versa. 

Edited by CVByrne

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Where are the PL clubs interested in Traore? Where are the clubs from the top 5 leagues? 

I don’t expect any decent club to be chasing Traore. But I could say the same about Bailey. I genuinely don’t think we could give him away at the moment with the wages he’s on. Anyway, I genuinely hope Bailey can turn things around. We need him to come good for us. But I’m not confident. 

9 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I don’t expect any decent club to be chasing Traore. But I could say the same about Bailey. I genuinely don’t think we could give him away at the moment with the wages he’s on. Anyway, I genuinely hope Bailey can turn things around. We need him to come good for us. But I’m not confident. 

Except Ajax were after him last summer when he had a far worse season behind him the last season. He'd have plenty of people wanting to sign him. He played a pretty big role in our season where we finished 7th. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Except Ajax were after him last summer when he had a far worse season behind him the last season. He'd have plenty of people wanting to sign him. He played a pretty big role in our season where we finished 7th. 

I guess it’s tricky for other mid table clubs from other leagues to buy him though - they could t afford his wages and Bailey might not be willing to lower his wages to go to a worse team in a worse league.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I haven’t seen evidence of him being up for sale but if he is I’m pretty sure there will be suiters. 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I guess it’s tricky for other mid table clubs from other leagues to buy him though - they could t afford his wages and Bailey might not be willing to lower his wages to go to a worse team in a worse league.

This is the problem. Same with Donk.

31 minutes ago, useless said:

Do you work for the club? You seem to have keen inside knowledge do you work for Football Insider?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant agree. Traore for me doesn't put the shift in that bailey does. Yes baikey can be erratic but you cabt fault his attitude and wants thw ball.

Traore on the other hand yes he can produce a momwnt of magic but he often goes missing in games. I remember he waa given a start last season had a absolute stinker and ringed off at half time as he was that bad.

Bailey has sonething about him, ita just he tends to either hold the ball too long or make the wrong decision. I do truely believe this can be coached on with emery. With traore i just dont think he can be relied on a full season. He comes cross lazy too in games

Yes I think we must agree to disagree - I really don’t see anything in Bailey that lends me to think he is going to make it in the prem.

You could argue that both Bailey and Traore’ are similar in a number of ways - The difference for me is that Bertie has something extremely special in his locker that I don’t believe anyone else in our squad has. He can be insanely mercurial in an instant and pull a rabbit out of the hat ( see Leicester away ) something that I don’t see in Bailey.

I also feel that Bertie is an entertainer and despite the pressure, intensity  along with the sheer greed of the premier league - there is still room for entertainers in football imo 

36 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Yes I think we must agree to disagree - I really don’t see anything in Bailey that lends me to think he is going to make it in the prem.

You could argue that both Bailey and Traore’ are similar in a number of ways - The difference for me is that Bertie has something extremely special in his locker that I don’t believe anyone else in our squad has. He can be insanely mercurial in an instant and pull a rabbit out of the hat ( see Leicester away ) something that I don’t see in Bailey.

I also feel that Bertie is an entertainer and despite the pressure, intensity  along with the sheer greed of the premier league - there is still room for entertainers in football imo 

Thw only reason im inclined to keep baikey oves traore is watching clipa of how well diaby and bailey linked up at leverkeusen. If we can get that magic here we will be superb next season

But baikey does nees to show more ans be more consistent thats for sure. I think thia season is make or break for him

Balance. Thats what he is missing. Means he has less strength than others and gets knocked off the ball. Already obvious that Diaby amd Pbilogene have more balance . A wand of a left foot but in this unforgiving league and less space on the counter his strengths are negated at times. I dont know how you teach balance at a high level. You either have it or you don't. 

Allan Saint-Maximin sold for £30million so I’d expect since Bailey’s a better player to attract bids of £35mill +  IF the Saudi interest is actually real. That sort of money think we’re selling 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Allan Saint-Maximin sold for £30million so I’d expect since Bailey’s a better player to attract bids of £35mill +  IF the Saudi interest is actually real. That sort of money think we’re selling 

They have the same owners don’t they? 

Â