Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Would be great if we could do an auction like in taken with all the Saudi clubs. Where we just have Bailey, Coutinho, Dinge all walk out and do a few tricks and Monchi is on the mic just like we start the bidding at…

IF he goes, that surely means one more wide forward incoming?

I like Philogene and would like him involved this season.

But, I think we need options in that role, which should mean him, Moussa plus one more, whether that is Bailey, or A.N. Other.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Still think there's a player in there.

I'm not prepared to give up on Leon just yet.

Same, I think playing under an average and then crap manager has not helped, he didn’t get that much playing time under Unai due to injury. I think he will come good. 

It's Al Nassr that he's being linked with, but the tweet earlier today suggest he was close to a move, which seems unlikely to me as if something was that close I doubt he would have played on Sunday.

8 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

IF he goes, that surely means one more wide forward incoming?

I like Philogene and would like him involved this season.

But, I think we need options in that role, which should mean him, Moussa plus one more, whether that is Bailey, or A.N. Other.

Yep, we'd still be light for genuine wide players in the squad.

I envisage Leon being an impact sub at prem level until he can play well enough off the bench to force his way into the 11 but he certainly can be an important player for us in europa and league cup with rotation.

However if someone out there is pretty much giving us our money back after two years of largely mediocre performances then of course that's something the club must consider.

Perhaps that's the plan. Cash in on him and then sign a Doku or Brennan Johnson in last week of the window. Important we get another wide player in as I think against some opponents just sticking any CM wide will have its limitations. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2023 at 19:48, ender4 said:

I guess it’s tricky for other mid table clubs from other leagues to buy him though - they could t afford his wages and Bailey might not be willing to lower his wages to go to a worse team in a worse league.

Ajax signed Haller from West Ham didn't they? Considering he cost West Ham 40m + in 2019 he was obviously on a very decent sum weekly. Also got in Tadic after 4-5 years at Southampton.

Given Ajax prestige as a club they probably pay their highest earners similar to what likes of Cash and Watkins get here so there wouldn't be too much disparity to Bailey's wages perhaps.

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

To be honest - anything close to what we paid for him, and we’re stealing from someone imo 

ASM went for £23m, obviously you can say it was a dodgy deal but I'd hope we'd still get more than that, closer to £26-28m

If they come around those numbers we've got to take it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

To be honest - anything close to what we paid for him, and we’re stealing from someone imo 

If we can't even fleece the Saudis, that's a new low considering the fees they're dishing everywhere.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, thabucks said:

Allan Saint-Maximin sold for £30million so I’d expect since Bailey’s a better player to attract bids of £35mill +  IF the Saudi interest is actually real. That sort of money think we’re selling 

Please may I ask how you have reached this conclusion ? Saint - Maximin has at least had a premier league career albeit not a long career. Baileys is still to start and to be truthful with you - I’m not really expecting it too happen now 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

ASM went for £23m, obviously you can say it was a dodgy deal but I'd hope we'd still get more than that, closer to £26-28m

If they come around those numbers we've got to take it

I’m thinking £20 mill at most for Bailey. This would be a win win for me.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thread only gets bumped when he's been " shit "

He'll get his chances if he's not moved on. Hopefully Diaby coming in will get a reaction. Got the feet, needs to get his head right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

He'll get his chances if he's not moved on. Hopefully Diaby coming in will get a reaction. Got the feet, needs to get his head right.

I saw a couple signs of their link up today.

Also seems Diaby made an effort to pass to him and vice versa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He won’t be going anywhere has a role to play 

• Like 1

Â