Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Supposed lineup

20210711_153434.jpg

I don’t want to be negative, but that is 8 defensive players plus a presser in Mount. Really hoping for the best but I do not understand how Sancho or Grealish are not in instead of Mount in that formation. If Italy score one or two fairly early he will have to change shape and bring 2-3 players on straight away. 

Edited by Villa87

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Did people expect something different? It's not like he was going to send out an aggressive team in the final.

No I didn’t to be fair. It’s worked so far so just got to get behind the boys now!! Time for my first beer of the day!

Defensive worked against Germany, but lets be fair we could have likely played our usual formation against that Germany side as in hindsight they were toothless. 

Does a similar defensive line up work against Italy? I don't think it does, but I'm curious to find out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

To think we have Grealish, Sancho, Foden, Rashford and they all start on the bench. 

Rashford will get minutes, Hendo too, the Manager is loyal to the core of the team he has used over the last couple of years.

Contain and hopefully knick a goal, if 0-0 after 60mins we will see fresh attacking legs and probably a change of formation that might do the trick.

Of that’s right Jack won’t get a sniff. He’ll go with pace off the bench after stinking the place out for 60mins

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Pre tournament I wouldn't have said this but no way does Mount deserve to be shoe horned in on the right

Not played well enough 

Mount masterclass coming up (I fully agree though)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I don’t want to be negative, but that is 8 defensive players plus a presser in Mount. Really hoping for the best but I do not understand how Sancho or Grealish are not in instead of Mount in that formation. If Italy score one or two fairly early he will have to change shape and bring 2-3 players on straight away. 

Mount don't even press in this team chap.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

So important choice tonight, is it the beeps or ITV? I can't stand anyone from the Beebs commentating but other than Roy Keane I couldn't stand anyone else from ITV either. 

But for England's sake, I guess BBC is the lucky choice?

I'm currently watching Wimbledon on the BBC with 5 Live commentary on iPlayer, and I like it. Apparently it will be possible to do the same for the footie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â