Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

It’s not so hard to believe that ESR would be open to Villa, if he wants to play for England he’ll have the perfect platform for it here. Not saying he wouldn’t with Arsenal but we can offer stability and a more likely starting place in a team that’s going places in the next few years. Of course, the better wages than he might be offered with them would also sway it. 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve not bothered to check this kid out, as I thought this was a massive troll to Arse…now things are progressing,  is he all that? 

fabulous player IMO.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Think it's between ESR and Julian Alvarez. We are basically reallocating the Barkley money to one of them.

This somewhat. 

At the beginning of his stint (pre-injury when things were going very very well) £40m was being banded around for Ross at the end of the season to get him from Chelsea. 

In my mind that is where the bidding would need to get to to actually land ESR. 

As others have said, we would need to pay a premium for the young and English factor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve not bothered to check this kid out, as I thought this was a massive troll to Arse…now things are progressing,  is he all that? 

A front 4 of Watkins, Grealish, Buendia and ESR is CL quality and we are only 1 signature away from that being reality. 

If we were able to actually make that happen then the pressure is on Smith to deliver European football next season it really is. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

A front 4 of Watkins, Grealish, Buendia and ESR is CL quality and we are only 1 signature away from that being reality. 

If we were able to actually make that happen then the pressure is on Smith to deliver European football next season it really is. 

Does ESR play centrally or out wide? Never actually seen him play.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Does ESR play centrally or out wide? Never actually seen him play.

Centrally, he played as a 10 for half of the season before Odegaard came in for Arse. 

Think he played 3 or 4 games on the left of a 3 for them as well. 

Year older than Saka who I love but I think he only got into the team sooner is cause of being left footed. 

ESR is a baller. Closest player I've seen to Grealish. He even copies his low socks 😂 

Also played alot when England U17s won the world cup 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Need ESR to come out and say he wants a move. Surely arsenal don't want another failure of letting their good players go on a free or next to nothing.

Don't think he will do that. Weakens his negotiating position with Arsenal. I'm sure the lad would rather stay at Arsenal if they were willing to give him the contract he thinks he deserves. 

4 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

will we make 3rd bid

I wonder what our top bid will be.  I think we need to get there quickly before he signs the extension.  We need to make Arsenal wobble and consider it then get the deal done quickly before they get to think about it.  Paying a big premium for ESR now will reap rewards in the future.

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If we had that front 4 , given that we have a very settled back 4 and keeper, a quality recruit in the centre of the park should have us dominating many games next season.

Big "if" though.

• Like 1

The best thing about this is that even if we don't get him, it sends waves through the footballing world that Aston Villa are back and mean business.

Other players we go in for now would be more inclined to join us knowing we are a top club again with big ambitions!

1 hour ago, John said:

Guess who won't be happy about this :D:

image.jpeg.05ff58346cfa251e2666c9a7184912df.jpeg

They're still in denial.  They're picturing scenes of the Villa front office led by David Brent, faxing over blind lowball bids, while the Arsenal board laugh hysterically while taking turns passing the bids around a room filled with gold, like Scrooge McDuck's vault.  After we actually sign ESR, the narrative will change (he's greedy, not good enough for Arsenal, they fleeced us, etc.).  

• Like 1