Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I've seen a few in twitter claiming we're doing this just to raise our profile, using the mighty Arsenal name. Absolutely brilliant it is. 

If we were doing that we would be making a move for Saka, which we would have even less chance of completing.

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I've seen a few in twitter claiming we're doing this just to raise our profile, using the mighty Arsenal name. Absolutely brilliant it is. 

Bless their lil hearts lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

2 years left is where Arsenal need to make a decision. 

If he refuses to sign a new deal then they are potentially putting themselves into a really weak position next summer. He could have a great season and then be left with only 12 months left. 

In that scenario they'd have to offer him massive wages or risk losing him for free a year later. Giving him all the power. 

If ESR is not going to sign a new deal this summer then they'd really have to listen to offers for him. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

As kids we went on family holiday to one of the faceless Spanish coastal towns and in one of the shops with the knock off jerseys my brother asked if there were any Newcastle ones.

The guy (I'm guessing of North-Indian/Pakistani origins and with a corresponding dialect) replied "what is Newcastle?". I still laugh when I think of it.

Well, what is it?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I know mate, but, still, it's funny watching them implode and explode at the same time 

Oh yeah definitely. They totally deserve it just for the arrogance of the club and fans thinking they are a top European team.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's a half-remembered childhood birthday party, a creak on the stair, a spluttering match held to a frosted pane, the warm wet, trusting touch of a leaking nappy, the hulk of a charred Panzer, the underside of a granite boulder, the first downy growth on the upper lip of a Mediterranean girl, cobwebs long since overrun by an old Wellington boot.

Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

On 17/06/2021 at 02:06, PieFacE said:

I just find it kinda weird that bids would get rejected these days.

Surely someone at Villa would phone someone at Arsenal and say "How much would it cost to have a bid accepted for Smith Rowe?" They'd respond with "He's not for sale at all". Dude at Villa goes "Okay then, here's a £25m bid" ??

Surely all the negotiation of what is or isn't an acceptable bid is done long before the bid actually gets submitted.

I mean I have no idea how these things worth but £25m sounds awfully low really. 

Would of thought that there would need to be some form of corporate governance around how individual clubs make bids for auditing purposes, the days of a phone call/fax would be long gone.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He's already said that Jack is his idol. Midway through the season, he started rolling down his socks like Jack, and if you watch him you can see how he models his game after Jack too. Dare I say he's better than Jack was at 20 too. If we pull this off, it'd be amazing that we'd essentially have 3 Jack's playing behind Ollie.

Oof! Not sure about that mate. He's very promising but I can't say he's as good as Jack at the same age. Hey, if he's anywhere near as good, I'd keep throwing money at them.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Oof! Not sure about that mate. He's very promising but I can't say he's as good as Jack at the same age. Hey, if he's anywhere near as good, I'd keep throwing money at them.

Jack at 20 couldn't even get into either Remi Garde or Steve Bruce's sides and was busy sorting out his behaviour off the pitch. It looked like his career was about to fizzle out. Smith-Rowe is arguably Arsenal's 2nd best player and was performing well on the European stage last season. Jack always had the higher ceiling, but at this point in their careers, ESR is clear. Now, of course I seriously doubt he will be as good as Jack currently is at 25 but you never know. I'd like to find out at Villa!

• Thanks 1