Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He is definitely hetting better.  That run in 1st half was brilliant to watch. With the south americian connection with countinho it looks exciting

It's mad to think a few seasons ago that we'd have 2 Argentinian and 2 Brazilian players that are all in the frame of their national teams

Was our best player last night, dont think we created another chance after he went off. I didn't notice him get injured, probably Gerrards most baffling substitution so far. 

1 hour ago, WHY said:

He’s gave the ball away loads under no pressure and for the most they haven’t be because he was trying a killer pass. He’s getting better but he’ still gives the ball away cheaply at times. 

Agreed. I love Buendia because he (currently) does things no other player in a claret and blue shirt can do.

But he is eased off the ball with little effort. There was a case late in the first half (I think) where he got the outball and turned and McTominay just wheeled with him, eased him off it and took it away.

8 hours ago, vreitti said:

I'm confused. Is that a good thing? 

for me most of it last night was because he was trying to do something, either taking someone on or trying a risky pass, when he lost the ball it wasnt necessarily through sloppy play

so yeah at times it was a good thing, there was a lot of good signs from him last night, the run from the half way line was probably his best play all season, thats what we all want and he can do it

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has emi completed 90 minutes for us yet? Maybe its a fitness issue?

Yes three times in 17 games. It's not enough and something he/we need to improve, very often now we go a bit flat when he goes off. Even if he stays on he's pretty much done after 70 mins. Wierd because theres barely an ounce of fat on him, is it a size thing? Imagine how knackered a child would be after doing that much running, he aint much bigger 😂

Edited by villaglint
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, deeps said:

Loses the ball as he tries to go forward and make things happen. Was very good tonight. 

Hes improving every game, I like his risk taking and ability but I find him very frustrating. 

The moments he loses the ball seem to be in horredous areas. He seems to be also playing a game on his own sometimes, not sure hes on the same wavelength as others, whether thats for him to change or the players to change to him I dont know. But that is improving aswell. 

I think he will benefit from Coutinho and Digne.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Hes improving every game, I like his risk taking and ability but I find him very frustrating. 

The moments he loses the ball seem to be in horredous areas. He seems to be also playing a game on his own sometimes, not sure hes on the same wavelength as others, whether thats for him to change or the players to change to him I dont know. But that is improving aswell. 

This will come with time. Attacking play and movement takes the longest to develop with a new manager and coaches. He's getting better is Buendia and he's clearly very talented

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Theres something there isnt there, loos so good at times but then kills us misplacing a simple pass! I think him and coutiniho linking behind the striker and then the other striker being able to come on fresh will be exciting as well genuine left and right FB options that we can use

56 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Theres something there isnt there, loos so good at times but then kills us misplacing a simple pass! I think him and coutiniho linking behind the striker and then the other striker being able to come on fresh will be exciting as well genuine left and right FB options that we can use

The alternative way of looking at this is we look much more dangerous when he's on the pitch because of the good work he does, and when he goes off, there's a player in his place who loses the ball just as much but has nowhere near the same level of incision. He is a bit frustrating, but hopefully he continues in the direction he's going and that should get less and less of a problem.

16 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Starting to turn into our little Tevez. Be nice to see him add some goals to his tenacity and flair.

I'd happily trade some of that "flair" in favour of stopping the suicide passes every game and some strength on the ball ...... not to mention a a real lack of pace. As for "tenacity" ..... I'll take it you offered that with a wry smile on your face. Seen more tenacity from a 12 year old ! 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

I'd happily trade some of that "flair" in favour of stopping the suicide passes every game and some strength on the ball ...... not to mention a a real lack of pace. As for "tenacity" ..... I'll take it you offered that with a wry smile on your face. Seen more tenacity from a 12 year old ! 

Not a fan then, Paul?

• Haha 1

Â