Where Should Grealish Play

MotoMkali

Where should Grealish Play LW or CAM  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Inspired by Delphinho123, where should Grealish Play?

• LW
    • CAM
    • Don't Mind, Just Want to see results

For me in the centre, he is good out wide, but I want to see him as involved as possible in our play, and I think being in the centre he will get more time on the ball. In our 10 game run that got us promoted he was fantastic in that position. 

This is assuming we bring in a strong player for LW. 

• Like 1

Honestly don't really care, I used to be firmly for the idea of him playing off the left as that's where he was when he truly began to flourish last season, but ultimately he's shown this season he can be just as good as a 10 when he's been needed there. We've seen from when Barkley has played well this season how much better we function with a player performing in that role, so why not have that player be Jack.

For me it's as simple as if we sign a 10 then on the left, if we sign a left winger then in CAM.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Have we lost a game where he has played CAM this season? I believe thats the position he can have most influence on the game 

United. But that was due to a soft ass penalty. And Traore **** up an easy goal. 

• Like 1

I think he’s better at LW, but sometimes you want him more central. Depends on who’s around him, how good oppo RB and DMs are, etc.

In short, he’ll play both throughout his career (and maybe drop deeper in his 30s).

• Like 1

Number 10, ideally with freedom to go where he wants and players around him intelligent enough and adaptable enough to swap in to the place he left. 3 trequartistas/attacking midfielders/attackers with him in the middle and the other two who can play anywhere across the 3 would be incredible. 

Him as a 10 at the top of a diamond behind 2 strikers would be good to see as well...

• Like 1

Central for me.

If he wants to drop left mid game as there is space there and he can cause some destruction by overlapping/rotating with our LW then fine.  He can also do the same with our RW( (and indeed has done so this season, most notably when he got an assist for England).

Him having a free role from the middle,  giving him the freedom of the front third of the pitch to do what he does best; create chances,  carry the ball, and get fouled in dangerous positions.

No caveats for me. Number 10. Sign a better AEG for LW and have AEG as a great option off the bench. 

Edited by MrBlack

33 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Him as a 10 at the top of a diamond behind 2 strikers would be good to see as well...

4-1-2-1-2 is the one possible formation that Tammy fits into, imo. 

I think the team plays best with Jack as a 10 pulling the strings, but before the end of next season I could see him on the left of a 3 behind Watkins with Chuk at 10 to get them both on the pitch together. 

Depends on who we can attract on the left or at 10. Jack is world class in both positions, so it depends on who we can attract. 

I have my heart set on Jack, Buendia and de Arrascaeta behind Watkins. And I won’t have it any other way. 

He has said himself in the past that he would rather play in the centre, that for me is enough reason to play him there. Keeps Jack happy and gives us a threat outside of the wings.

• Like 1

Â