Where Should Grealish Play

MotoMkali

Where should Grealish Play LW or CAM  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Inspired by Delphinho123, where should Grealish Play?

• LW
    • CAM
    • Don't Mind, Just Want to see results

He basically gets given the freedom to move from the wing anyway so it's reasonably academic. I think he plays better from the left but it's fractions of a difference.

• Like 2

If its left we need a better number 10

If it's centre we need a better number 11

He can play either, personally I think he gets more space and creates more space for others from the left, it all depends on the quality that we can build around him, we can't have it that 2 or even 3 players gravitate towards jack and no one is taking advantage of the space it generates

someone has to play in the space, or even better be so good that teams can't double up 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Coming round to the idea of him playing centrally, after previously thinking he was best on the left. I think realistically he needs to be given as much freedom as possible to roam about, and he maybe gets a little more license to do that at CAM

Thats his best position......they can't double up on him easily.....but we need better players behind him for that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Awol said:

4-1-2-1-2 is the one possible formation that Tammy fits into, imo. 

I think the team plays best with Jack as a 10 pulling the strings, but before the end of next season I could see him on the left of a 3 behind Watkins with Chuk at 10 to get them both on the pitch together. 

I think we could play a really good 3-4-1-2 with Jack as the 1 in the number 10 role. 2 could be Ollie and Wes, Ollie and Tammy would be good too :D 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think we could play a really good 3-4-1-2 with Jack as the 1 in the number 10 role. 2 could be Ollie and Wes, Ollie and Tammy would be good too :D 

Like it.

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Honestly don't really care, I used to be firmly for the idea of him playing off the left as that's where he was when he truly began to flourish last season, but ultimately he's shown this season he can be just as good as a 10 when he's been needed there. We've seen from when Barkley has played well this season how much better we function with a player performing in that role, so why not have that player be Jack.

For me it's as simple as if we sign a 10 then on the left, if we sign a left winger then in CAM.

I agree.

For England, it epitomises how he switches sides, and keeps the pressure on the opposition back four....when we get better players, it will become clearer as you say, where he is deployed best.

I think he has such a phenomenal talent he can play equally as well in numerous positions, one is not really any better than the other.

Paul Gascoigne was like that too, he could do that....not comparing him,..yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss I am .

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

But would you have Cash and Targett as wing backs in that system? Which would mean an extra cb and i just dont want that. 

35 minutes ago, PaulC said:

But would you have Cash and Targett as wing backs in that system? Which would mean an extra cb and i just dont want that. 

Depends entirely on who you are playing. Could be balls out with two wingers, could be cash and targett, could be a mix depending on which side the opposition is strongest/weakest on. 3 cbs isn't a handicap when you have Konsa and Mings, either can step out with the ball and play as a CDM. Even playing it with cash and targett it doesn't have to be defensive, they'd have to be trying to get behind the opposition's fullbacks as much as possible anyway...

Centre is where he can get on the ball more and drift left or right if he wants. It also makes it harder to double mark him there like West Ham did when they played two Right Backs. A team playing 2 holding midfielders to mark him when he's central would be an entire defensive set up for opposition. 

I think he'll have his best season yet next season with better attacking talent and playing from a central role more than wide left.

Centrally as a CAM, it's also his favoured position and he has more influence on those around him. It's very simple when you think about it. He's number 10 therefore play him as he should be. 

56 minutes ago, AV82 said:

.. at Villa, preferably.

We need to do everything over the next few seasons to make sure this happens. 

If he wants to steal a teammates snackbox, you god damn give him your snackbox...

If he wants to play in the middle, build your whole system, recruitment and philosophy around him being in the middle. 

If he wants to sleep with someones wife because he's getting randy and fancies their shape, let him have his way - offer her up. 

If he wants to wake up daily half cut next to a hefty ebony to satisfy his desires, the boy gets his pick. 

F**k it, offer up Mallory Edens and be done with it. 

Anything 

he 

wants

anything

• Like 1

When he's 1v1 with a fullback on the left wing he'll win that battle 99 times out of 100. In the middle and he'll get man marked, kicked to death (even more so) and just have far less time to work any magic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

When he's 1v1 with a fullback on the left wing he'll win that battle 99 times out of 100. In the middle and he'll get man marked, kicked to death (even more so) and just have far less time to work any magic.

He is constantly man marked out wide and teams will double up in him with a winger with a good defensive work rate or even 2 full backs like Leicester or West Ham

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

He has said himself in the past that he would rather play in the centre, that for me is enough reason to play him there. Keeps Jack happy and gives us a threat outside of the wings.

I've been wondering where this " LW is his favoured position " has come from, as i've never seen him say that.

I commented in his thread yesterday, that he probably drifts wide as it's where he has been playing all season so comes natural.

CAM where he can roam all over for me, personally.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been wondering where this " LW is his favoured position " has come from, as i've never seen him say that.

I commented in his thread yesterday, that he probably drifts wide as it's where he has been playing all season so comes natural.

CAM where he can roam all over for me, personally.

He’s better in a free role, he isn’t natural to any position for me. CAM just for his ability to bring us forward 20/30 yards.

• Like 1

Â