Where Should Grealish Play

MotoMkali

Where should Grealish Play LW or CAM  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Inspired by Delphinho123, where should Grealish Play?

• LW
    • CAM
    • Don't Mind, Just Want to see results

7 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

First thoughts... Start next season at 10, moving to LW every time Chukwuemeka comes off the bench.

When Chuk is ready to start, keep Jack at LW just to accommodate the two of them on the same pitch.

Villa destroy all before them.

Simples.

My thoughts exactly. The 2 of them could interchange at will tbf . Carney has already mastered the pass Grealish does with the outside of his right boot 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

He’s better in a free role, he isn’t natural to any position for me. CAM just for his ability to bring us forward 20/30 yards.

CAM really is that free role in that it gives him more freedom to go on each side or drop deep to collect the ball without hurting our shape and allowing the defenders to come narrower and compress the space in the middle. 

• Like 1

Regardless where he plays the main thing this summer is to sign players so that teams can't focus as much at closing Grealish down. Be that at LW, CAM or RW.

I like him at 10 but he’s also so good from the left it’s a really tricky question. I voted option 3 thinking it meant see results for Villa as in wins; just realised it meant of the poll...

I like the idea of him playing either position depending on the opposition and how else Dean wants to set the side up. I thought the Nakamba/McGinn/Jack midfield looked to have a great balance and I’m sure Luiz could slot in to any role there as well (off topic but thought he looked good further forward when he replaced Jack).

If Chuk gets more game time then I think we’ll see Jack on the left and that’s fine by me. El Ghazi is good cover!

I want to see him in that CAM role. He will drift to the left, and with Targett and a winger out there, we can really over load that side at times. 

It also allows Jack to find space in the middle and stills allow us to keep our width. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I want to see him in that CAM role. He will drift to the left, and with Targett and a winger out there, we can really over load that side at times. 

It also allows Jack to find space in the middle and stills allow us to keep our width. 

This. Allow him to drift left or right to find space. He’s brilliant from the left but why pigeon hole him? 

With two better wingers, he’ll create so much for the wide players and the striker from no.10.

• Like 2

It’s a nice problem to have because wherever he plays he will always be dangerous. I think the CAM role suits him best provided we have a top quality left wing forward. The perfect scenario is where the three behind Ollie can interchange with fluidity and become an unpredictable nightmare for defenders. 

41 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

This is him playing ‘CAM’ versus Spuds 

Point being, he is best suited where he finds space not drawn into a typical position IMO, we have to be clever enough to adapt - on the left target/mcginn often cover, if he is in middle then mcginn bombs on like at Spurs.

06F4B506-C915-4BDC-9D2E-D6951DEE84B9.jpeg

I think the reason for this is that the line gives him a safety zone. I can't really explain it well, but as a footballer I know the feeling of drifting wide and moving inwards. It gives you more time on the ball so to speak. When you have the line behind you it's far easier to drag a foul of of a player or have momentum in your dribbling, as your weight can be completely shifted with no chance of being caught on your blind side. 

He often tends to drift outwards regardless and then just swan dances inside taking his time to find the right move. 

He's obviously good enough to play the LW or the CAM, so I personally don't care too much, but I think in the CAM position he will be under more pressure, thus his ability to drift with the ball and look for options will be more limited. 

I can honestly see Grealish preferring LW cause it suits him to come inside and  move across the box instead of going directly at it. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Â