Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/21 at 22:59

Just now, Davkaus said:

It was a very poor second half and it's right for people to be critical. I'd call the "Smith out" reactions a bit OTT, however.

I've only seen one person saying Smith Out, though I might have missed something.

So perhaps "Let the overreaction* commence" might have been a better remark from the OP.

Shite is shite regardless.

Disgraceful effort 

Smith day dreaming 

Refs a pathetic word removed 

Players already in Marbs 

Just glad i didn't pay for for tickets and travel

rocket polishers 

Edited by Kingman

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah, like I said in the Smith said I think McGinn is by far the worst one. Offered nothing. 

Great finish for the goal and good work for the second.  But defensively he just stops his man, then sticks his ar$e out and lets him past.  He's been a big reason for us getting to where we are but he's now a big reason why we aren't going to go any further with him in the starting XI.  Still like him to be on the bench and around the team though.  A 20 minute McGinn cameo might work well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or let the  blind faith defending of smith commence.

Never his fault

His record speaks for itself. We don't currently have the personell to go from 17th to the top half when Grealish is missing.

We are likely to finish 5 or 6 places higher than last season and that's without Jack for a third of the season. 

He gets things wrong at times but his record as Villa manager is astounding. How he has managed to improve us significantly each season is unreal. 

Looking forward next season and the next phase of our rebuild. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mister_a said:

By the sound of it, I'm glad I thought this was on at 8pm and missed it entirely....

I did the same but managed to miss what seemed to be a decent first half and tuned in for one of the wirst halves of football I’ve ever seen from a Villa team. 

• Haha 1

You can dress it up whatever way you want but his record at Villa without Grealish in the side is average to poor really. We've got ambitious owners, Dean has said so himself. Just don't think they won't hook you to drive that ambition on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

McGinn is the only decent centre mid at the club tbh. 

He's awful. Sorry but he was letting men run off him constantly even in the first half. He scored a beauty and was good for about 30 minutes. Luiz is light years ahead.

• Like 2

Going full Lambert and bringing on all the strikers with less creativity at the end says to me a manager out of his depth. That second half is 100% on Smith. Did he seriously think Palace wouldn't up it second half!? This isn't FIFA!?

And please no more starting that lazy sack of poo Traore!?

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

Aim was top 10 finish this season though so we are below target. 

Bit of a difference though. Agreed though that Smith should have done better today.

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It's not irrelevant. He clearly isn't fit.

I’m not sure what part of the 20 mins where he wasn’t involved in the game allowed you to deduce that.

Â