Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/21 at 22:59

Disgusted that we lost that after a promising first half, fell away badly in the second.

Saddens me that we have wasted all the early season progress and promise.

Just looking forward to next season now, would’ve been nice to get that top half finish.

Just now, The_Steve said:

The capitulation for the third goal was unacceptable.

Palace are a digusting team - 23 or more fouls with only 3 bookings. Ward kicked Jack everywhere and I've never seen Ollie bodied so much - Cahill fould him in the build up for the second goal.

We didn't take our chances in the second half, our set pieces wasted.

Palace overloaded the midfield and we didn't have a response. This is a collective failing, not just individual.

The game flipped on its head too easy. A very end of season feel.

Agree with this. We were pathetic and I'm incredibly pissed off at the players and Smith who really have a lot to answer for, but Palace are right up there with Burnley. Dirty team of thugs who inexplicably get away with everything.

Deserved nothing. Was a decent watch first half but we are still very mentally weak. 25 odd efforts from a poor Palace side is concerning. Midfield is a problem every week for me. Jack couldnt get in the game at all. Thought Watkins and Targett were our best players.

Meh, lets hope we can hang onto 11th 🤦‍♂️ 

Bringing Jack on lost us the game really. He did nothing, and others stopped playing (well, the minimum they'd done that far). Jack also didn't defend properly for their third.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Palace fully deserved their win. Smiths should be tearing a strip off every single player in that dressing room. 

My fear is we've had these performances and results before. And we don't seem to learn from them or improve. So maybe he's just a bit soft.

Just now, vreitti said:

Let the overreacting commence. 

People annoyed because we threw away a 2-1 lead against a poor team and didn't adapt at all when they inevitably changed things up in the second half?

I'd call that plain old 'reacting', mate.

• Like 3

Really poor everywhere today. We have the most unintelligent players ever. They could not read a Janet and a John book. They anticipate nothing. Pathetic as predicted by me pre match.

No MOTM for about the 5th game in a row

utter garbage second half , That second half was more humiliating than the Sheff U defeat 

id accept it more if we were blooding some kids and thus results weren’t important , but we are playing pretty much our strongest team and be embarrassed by teams like Palace .

Big summer window ahead 

• Like 1

Our midfield is weak as p***, we invite pressure and make average teams look like Barcelona in their pomp, its horrible to watch.

We must be one of the weakest and most passive sides in the PL....

We are pretty weak mentally as a team i think, we just let teams roll us over...literally....all of the time!, does my nut in.

Even we dont get at least one midfield enforcer in the summer, i will question what the management team are watching out there.

1 win in the last 7.......

2 wins in the last 12!!!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

From what I watched, i.e. second half. It wasn't that bad, but we did implode good at proper.

Referee was on an amateur level. I'm surprised they are allowed to referee at this level. 

McGinn and Luiz the big problem. They offer nothing. 

I thought McGinn was good first half but terrible second half. Doug just average but too many poor touches and passes from all of them in the second half. 

Â