Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/21 at 22:59

As people have said, Burnely all over again.

First twenty minutes was really good. Almost like we played at the start of the season with loads of intent. 

Straight after scoring we didn't complete a pass for the rest of the half. 

Missed the second half. Good job.

Most of today's bench, sans Grealish, Jed,  Carney and Wesley will be here next season. Give Davis a loan. The depth issue is something which hinders game management. It will be much easier to address in the summer.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The game hinged on Roy Hodgson's tactical change

Ultimately we lost the game because Roy Hodgson is a very good manager

Nailed. 

The frustrating thing is how we can attack with pace, harass defences and score good goals, yet almost immediately switch to phases where we fall back and don’t even defend well. We gave Palace so much time and space in midfield and in front if our box today, it’s no wonder we lost. Can’t anyone in the coaching team do anything about this? This isn’t about individual abilities, it is about how they play together as a team.

Would have given AEG MOTM for his super goal but he fell away a bit in the 2nd half so it’s back to Emi again for his super save. Watkins came a close second for his energetic and skilful consistency. But he needs to be scoring more goals. Maybe should be a bit more selfish.

I like the look of that Eze. Wonder if he’s for sale?

Really enjoyed up to about 70 mins.

Final 20, my goodness it was bad. The whole midfield disappeared and we couldn't get hold of the ball.

McGinn...I'm tired of it now. Finally caught up with everyone else. It's like he's blind as well as unfit. Watching him refuse to move into space to smash the ball out of play or just pass it to the opposition is so annoying. 

We're in the fortunate position to buy again in the summer and I'm looking forward to it but I really don't want us messing up with £20m signings again. Traore has his moments, but seeing Eze and Raphinha sign for similar sums is maddening.

We're better off not scoring in games because in the last 7 games we went ahead 6 times and turned crap, winning only once, drawing once and losing the rest. 

Coincidence? 

Frustrated with Deano standing there watching us getting battered and just hoping we hold on until someone turns it around in our favour. This has become a trend ans you've simply got to do better at this level, and you can't say you didn't have options on the bench today. 

We also need a few players with a proper winning mentality, we've hardly had any for ages. 

Edited by WooJung
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

End of season dead rubber

My reaction 

uAFJIo.gif

Disagree. I hate losing at any time but to these below average pricks is extra annoying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If we don't get any points from Chelsea or Spurs, it could still be 13th.

Well yeah, it could, but I can't see Wolves getting enough points off Spurs, Everton and United to catch us and Palace have got Arsenal and Liverpool, so I still think eleventh is reasonably likely.

• Like 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I'm sick to death of this club of ours being the one that ends bad runs or stats for other side's. Seriously, it's beyond a jokem now!! ,🤬🤬🤬

We're not. Loads of teams do it.

I couldn't care less about other teams records, I'd rather focus on Villa (and right now we're doing poorly in a number of areas).

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

End of season dead rubber

My reaction 

uAFJIo.gif

Really? That's your reaction to Villa losing 3-2 to Palace after leading 2-1? With a top 10 place still potentially on the line?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm sick to death of this club of ours being the one that ends bad runs or stats for other side's. Seriously, it's beyond a jokem now!! ,🤬🤬🤬

I had a FB memory come up from 2013 yesterday and the same shit was what I was groaning about back then too

joke that nakamba didnt come on. Generally mcginn looks good in the first half then tires around the 65th min and ends up mainly being a passenger for remainder of game. Ramsay usually looks decent when he comes on but when he starts he looks pretty average.

We need to be ruthless in the summer with transfers. Complacency and we will be in a relegation fight next season.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Really? That's your reaction to Villa losing 3-2 to Palace after leading 2-1? With a top 10 place still potentially on the line?

Yes. Obviously I want us to win every game but in the grand scheme of things, today is of little relevance. 

If we were fighting for Europe or in a relegation battle i'd be gutted. We're not. 10th or 11th, makes no real odds. We're going to spend big again in the summer and get better. 

24 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Deans achilles heel is the midfield and a seeming inability to recognise when it needs altering. This must be improved next season.

We don’t have the players or options off the bench, squad is still weak.

We need to do a lot of business and spend the big bucks...

• Like 1

Â