Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Honestly think any of these would have made a better kit, but hey ho. Let's hope Kappa aren't rehired and we get a decent league finish to attract a huge offer from a better manufacturer.

In fairness, some of these aren’t possible and some only look good because they’re on a 3d template, and some aren’t actually nice anyway. One of them is basically the kit we’ve got.

Edited by a m ole

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Jack, Tyrone, McGinn, Ollie all modelling the new kit. All in their provisional Euros squad, so pretty much confirms to me the shoot was done before the euros.

Sorry but..........no shit Sherlock!

The kit design would have been finalised around last Jan/Feb.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

In fairness, some of these aren’t possible and some only look good because they’re on a 3d template, and some aren’t actually nice anyway.

True, there are a couple in there that aren't great, and some I'd only be OK with... which I guess gives you an idea of my views on the current kit.

I'm really hoping it grows on me. I'm pretty sure if we have the success I'm hoping for this season, it will.

Edit: in response to the edit you made, the one that is closest to what we got I prefer the quoted version as it is less busy. Less is more for me with home kits. Couldn't care less if we go a bit more busy on away or completely crazy on the third.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

In fairness, some of these aren’t possible and some only look good because they’re on a 3d template, and some aren’t actually nice anyway. One of them is basically the kit we’ve got.

Blues Brothers GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Honestly think any of these would have made a better kit, but hey ho. Let's hope Kappa aren't rehired and we get a decent league finish to attract a huge offer from a better manufacturer.

That is the case every single season, should be used to it by now.

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

When/if we drop Kappa, Who would you like to be our new kit designers?

for me, bring back Luke.
or I'll be happy with Hummel  

Luke was part of the Fanatics deal, the same as Kappa. The brand itself probably can’t fulfil the needs of Aston Villa, their input in those kits is massively overstated.

Edited by a m ole

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

for me, bring back Luke.

Umbro or Hummel for me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

for me, bring back Luke.

We quite often reminisce about the Nike kits here… so why not them again? Probably most likely to be Adidas. I would like to see a Puma design… our Reebok kits were great back in the day…

I see that people are not keen on the big manufacturers such as Nike, Adidas and Puma.

But it’s likely to be one of those and I personally hope it is as it would be good for us both commercially (would bring in a good chunk of dosh and probably have more global appeal and exposure) and because  they would produce better designs than Kappa have done.

I sincerely hope the days of Macron and co are behind us…

Luke won’t compare on a commercial level but if he could have some say or input on designs, like an advisory role, that would be excellent. Not gonna happen though.

• Like 1

The fit even on athletes looks poor and even makes them look unfit. The arms look terrible as well. And as always the colors are off.

I don't hate it, but almost. The average fan is not going to look good in these.

Don’t like the Hummel chevrons and never been keen on Umbro, I would never want a West Ham-like kit 🤢

Don’t think they’re are as “big” as other manufacturers either but I don’t really know…

Real Madrid signed a 10 year deal worth £1 Billion with Adidas, Barca get £100m a year with their deal with Nike, Man Poo and Liverpool get £75m a year with Nike, Citeh - £65m a year with Puma, Chelsea (Nike) & Arsenal (Puma) £60m, Spurs £30m with Nike…

The appeal and attraction of signing up with the big boys is obvious…

If we could get anything like that, even around/close to £30m a year, that would be a major boost…

I can’t find what our deal with Kappa is worth… assuming it’s a lot les but I have no idea.