Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

We might have a template now, but it's the same template as all the other big Kappa clubs.

Look at Leicester's kit. It has nothing to do with United or Arsenal's kit, it's literally some old training top with a Leicester badge slapped on it. You can tell because there isn't any Authentic/Stadium/Adizero distinction.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

would everyone be happy to have an identikit if we getting the bigger bucks. 

or would you rather something more sylish from a smaller brand? 

as things stand now, we have the worst of the lot… smaller brand, identikit, poor design and a small sponsorship free from kappa 

We need to strengthen commercially and increase our revenue and exposure… better marketing and deals…

It’s the sad state of football nowadays, but money talks. You can’t compete without major funding…

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We need to strengthen commercially and increase our revenue and exposure… better marketing and deals…

It’s the sad state of football nowadays, but money talks. You can’t compete without major funding…

Sassy Hair GIF

but the style tho… the style!! 

• Haha 2

Going forwards, I’m sure there is going to be a greater demand for Villa shirts. A lot of people will want Grealish tops for instance… even neutrals or maybe even supporters of other clubs…

Mings?

Our players are becoming more renowned and we are bringing in players who are and will become more popular with other fanbases around the world too…

Martinez, Buendia, Alvarez?

McGinn…

Trezeguet? Egyptian fans…

Luiz & Wesley if they can improve and establish themselves…

Traore?

And there will be more…

I would think there would be a few companies attracted to us and potentially competing to sign up with us… some lucrative deals to be hd and negotiated.

We’re getting there now, step by step, well on the way to re-establishing ourselves as a big club.

We need to improve off the field as well as on it though…

• Like 1

i will take whoever pays the bills and ultimately not actually care that much despite commenting on it - i dont like the shirt this year but i think i'll just about pull through... im not going to sit there mid january watching us on TV and still being bothered by the shirt

i find they all actually do different things well, i liked Luke's shirts, i like Kappa's training range, i like the quality of Nike's stadium or whatever it is £130 shirt, i really adidas' 1/4 zip training jumper 

im sure no matter who we had they would find some way of getting me to buy at least something 

and that is where Kappa and to a lesser extent Luke have been poor, come say christmas and i think **** it i dont what i want just get me this training top i like the look of...they wont have it in stock, Kappa promised this year will be better but we'll see

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i will take whoever pays the bills and ultimately not actually care that much despite commenting on it - i dont like the shirt this year but i think i'll just about pull through... im not going to sit there mid january watching us on TV and still being bothered by the shirt

i find they all actually do different things well, i liked Luke's shirts, i like Kappa's training range, i like the quality of Nike's stadium or whatever it is £130 shirt, i really adidas' 1/4 zip training jumper 

im sure no matter who we had they would find some way of getting me to buy at least something 

and that is where Kappa and to a lesser extent Luke have been poor, come say christmas and i think **** it i dont what i want just get me this training top i like the look of...they wont have it in stock, Kappa promised this year will be better but we'll see

True, we’ll be used to the kit in no time. Especially if we are doing well.

It’s still shit though 🤣

And the kind of gear that Adidas/Nike/Puma will produce will be better quality and more attractive. Jackets, hoodies, tees etc. 

If you don’t like the shirt much, there will be other things to buy.

I can’t see them being worse than Kappa though, I really can’t. Especially on the quality and durability front. 

The new shirt is ok, it does not bother me too much.

With the stripes it's a little different to what we've had recently.

Hummel was mentioned and I like the idea, traditionally we've been associated with the brand and I'd like to see that again.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Get the right deal and you could potentially finance a purchase of a quality player…

We need to sort it… becoming a stronger team, being more successful, and attracting a higher quality of player are the bigger priorities…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

True, we’ll be used to the kit in no time. Especially if we are doing well.

It’s still shit though 🤣

And the kind of gear that Adidas/Nike/Puma will produce will be better quality and more attractive. Jackets, hoodies, tees etc. 

If you don’t like the shirt much, there will be other things to buy.

I can’t see them being worse than Kappa though, I really can’t. Especially on the quality and durability front. 

I think the quality on the Pro shirts are up there with Nike and Adidas' authentic/vaproknit shirts. It's really good. The replica kits aren't so hot though.

I'd be fine with any of Nike/Adidas/Puma. They make good kits, and they'd pay us the most.

If we were to achieve a top 6 finish i'm sure we could expect (negotiate as part of the contract?) a non template offering. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd be fine with any of Nike/Adidas/Puma. They make good kits, and they'd pay us the most.

If we were to achieve a top 6 finish i'm sure we could expect (negotiate as part of the contract?) a non template offering. 

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .PaakPay Day Money GIFDumb And Dumber Crying GIFShow Me The Money GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Leicester won a league title and have been finishing top 6 and still get SHA knockoff kits.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

To be fair pretty much all the major manufacturers produce as many crap kits as good. Literally every year one or more of the big six are ridiculed for their bad kits and they can presumably attract the best manufacturers and designers. Think about the horrific Man Utd black and white 'dazzle' away kit from last year or Man City's cracked glass home kit or Arsenals blood splatter away kit. Mostly awful designs that prove that changing manufacturer does not make you safe from crap kit designs.

Who would have thought that the nonentity of Luke / Fanatics would produce the best kit designs for 10 years. 

Edited by mikeyjavfc

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Leicester won a league title and have been finishing top 6 and still get SHA knockoff kits.

I know they do. But I'm saying we could make it a condition of the contract if we really wanted to. I imagine it would have to have limits,  such as once every few years...or linked to very specific achievements (cup win, etc).

I suspect it would also mean we lose a bit of money off the deal. But if it means 15m instead of 20m or similar, then it might be something to consider.

To be honest though, I don't really even care. When we are in the champs league and don't need the 30m it brings, we can then move to unique offerings. Or if FFP completely does one we won't even need the 30m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Nike also released a shirt in December... 

Both kits were late that season, think there was a manufacturing problem, it was the fx Pro kit with the claret and blue check panels down the sides. I think the home kit went on sale late September and the away in December