Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, sne said:

The fit even on athletes looks poor and even makes them look unfit. The arms look terrible as well. And as always the colors are off.

I don't hate it, but almost. The average fan is not going to look good in these.

Yeah that's how I feel.  I'm a fan of our last 2 Kappa kits, this is just a bit awkward.

It's a big no from me for Adidas and Nike, unless Nike make a big deal out of us because of Jack.  Puma would be good though.

Edited by sharkyvilla

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

When is the last time we have had 2 seasons in a row with the same kit manufacturer and main sponsor?  Rover in the early 2000s? Loved the 02/03 kit.

08/09 - 09/10: Nike + Acorns

13/14 - 14/15: Macron + Dafabet 

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Real Madrid signed a 10 year deal worth £1 Billion with Adidas, Barca get £100m a year with their deal with Nike, Man Poo and Liverpool get £75m a year with Nike, Citeh - £65m a year with Puma, Chelsea (Nike) & Arsenal (Puma) £60m, Spurs £30m with Nike…

The appeal and attraction of signing up with the big boys is obvious…

If we could get anything like that, even around/close to £30m a year, that would be a major boost…

I can’t find what our deal with Kappa is worth… assuming it’s a lot les but I have no idea.

About £8m to £10m I think

We have to take whoever pays the most, we won't get near those clubs 

But if you go over to the general kit thread and have a look through anyone wanting Nike, Adidas or even puma this year needs their head checking, templating-hell

Imagine if we got Nike, all the cheering all the smiling that we finally got rid of kappa... And they went and gave us the Preston away kit... And before you say obviously "were bigger than Preston" they don't give a ****! Their biggest teams are getting templates 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

But if you go over to the general kit thread and have a look through anyone wanting Nike, Adidas or even puma this year needs their head checking, templating-hell

Hummel or Umbro for me if we change. Absolutely no to Nike and Adidas, especially the latter.

Everyone complaining about template kits from Nike and Adidas. Kappa have done the exact same thing for 3 years and no one moaned about it. How many times have we seen the same kappa template used on teams around the world with the colours switched. I’d be hesitant about Adidas but I’d love Nike back.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Hummel or Umbro for me if we change. Absolutely no to Nike and Adidas, especially the latter.

I think looking at their kits this year you say hummel did a brilliant job with everton last year, traditional colours, real simple design but looked super smart and clean cut

This year they can't do the same, they're hamstrung by it, you can't charge the money and just keep doing a simple design no matter how successful 

So the away is a bit out there and a call back to a shirt from 100 years ago and the home has unnecessary design features on it 

FWIW I think Evertons hummel deal is the same ball park as ours 

Just now, Mantis said:

I know people used to complain about Nike's kits being templatey but IIRC our 2010/11 and 2011/12 kits from them were quite unique?

Nike were much better 10 years ago.

Also the 10/11 kit, while the design was unique, it was released so late from what I can remember and was made of trash bags. Fit like absolute shit even on the players and ripped at the slightest tug.

This surprised me… we only get £3m a season with Kappa? £6m from Cazoo…

I’m sure we will get a massive upgrade with whoever we sign up with next…

Definitely an area that needs looking at and improving… we’ve been far behind other clubs in this sense.

Everton get £10m from Hummel, Southampton £9m with Under Armour, West Ham £5m with Umbro. Spurs - £30m a season…

We would do well to strike a deal with Adidas/Nike/Puma…

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Imagine if we got Nike, all the cheering all the smiling that we finally got rid of kappa... And they went and gave us the Preston away kit... And before you say obviously "were bigger than Preston" they don't give a ****! Their biggest teams are getting templates 

£3m… that is poor…

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Real Madrid signed a 10 year deal worth £1 Billion with Adidas, Barca get £100m a year with their deal with Nike, Man Poo and Liverpool get £75m a year with Nike, Citeh - £65m a year with Puma, Chelsea (Nike) & Arsenal (Puma) £60m, Spurs £30m with Nike…

The appeal and attraction of signing up with the big boys is obvious…

If we could get anything like that, even around/close to £30m a year, that would be a major boost…

I can’t find what our deal with Kappa is worth… assuming it’s a lot les but I have no idea.

Arsenal are Adidas now

But agree with you, we need to get in or around the level of them or Spurs for sponsorship stuff

We laugh at Levy's transfer dealings but he's still got a good brain when it comes to business and their off-field dealings have proven that

If we can begin to compete with them commercially, then we begin to compete with them (properly) in the league too - simples. It might be chicken and egg stuff, but the two tend to go hand in hand

No reason why we shouldn't be able to, either; they're the third biggest club in capital and we are by some distance the biggest club in the Second City / WM, so we've got the wrong CCO and business team in place if we can't cut in on some big dealings in the next 1-2 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Everyone complaining about template kits from Nike and Adidas. Kappa have done the exact same thing for 3 years and no one moaned about it. How many times have we same the kappa template used on teams around the world with the colours switched. I’d be hesitant about Adidas but I’d love Nike back.

It's not just that they're templates (I mean our new one is technically a template but they're still doing something unique with the uhh design), but for clubs not called Bayern Munchen, Manchester United, Real Madrid etc, they're often old templates and even worse sometimes templates of some old training top. They don't even change the colours sometimes.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It's not just that they're templates (I mean our new one is technically a template but they're still doing something unique with the uhh design), but for clubs not called Bayern Munchen, Manchester United, Real Madrid etc, they're often old templates and even worse sometimes templates of some old training top. They don't even change the colours sometimes.

Teams like Leicester are getting tops from Sunday league Catelogues

Its madness that you'd want them anywhere near us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Shows you how hard it is getting promoted 

Yeah I get that, but we have put ourselves in a better position now. If we have an outstanding season and get more exposure then we we can do a hell of a lot better on that front…

The likes of Jack should help elevate us and gain more attention in a commercial sense too…

I’m sure Purslow is working hard on this. Didn’t he get a record breaking deal for Chelsea when he was there?

would everyone be happy to have an identikit if we getting the bigger bucks. 

or would you rather something more sylish from a smaller brand? 

as things stand now, we have the worst of the lot… smaller brand, identikit, poor design and a small sponsorship free from kappa 

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ok but is a template design worth £30 million+ to the club every season not better than more varied designs from other manufacturers that would probably only bring in £3m (our current deal) to £6 million a season?