Pre match thread

VillaChris

9 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

There's nothing wrong with giving them time, and I'd like to see Barry,Chuk and Ramsey all involved st some point tonight.

If we throw them all in from the start and we get heavily beaten, that's not going to help them in the long term. 

Kesler and Chuk have been on the bench a couple of times now. Personally think both are closer to the first team than Barry or Ramsey right now.

Davis and a returning Wesley should be given a chance before Barry.

The problem with playing Elmo is that it stifles our side and completely changes the style and shape; the right side becomes defensive and going forward exposes us. Kesler is playing the role that Cash plays for the U23's and is arguably their best player this season; I've watched him a lot and he's a very good player.

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Because Davis has never, in recent times, had a proper chance/run in our, or any, team.  He did get a bit of a chance against Fulham and had an impact.

El Ghazi has been awful over the last 12 games - and he has had several proper chances in that run.  He is so predictable - always wants to come inside and get a shot off on his right foot - that it is easy for quality defenders to play him.  Worse than this though, I just don't think he has the heart to be a decent PL player - Trez is short on quality but he has heart and I would take this all day long over someone like AEG.

I am not sure about Davis - he looks like he has some ability almost like a modern day Heskey.  I watched him in the championship when I think he made his full debut and he created a hat trick for Hourihane v Norwich at VP and was unplayable.  I hope he gets a chance to play regularly next season on loan so we can see if he has got what I hope he has (he may not get to come back if we go out and sign, say, Edouard, but he could as a 3rd choice or we might get some value for him).

I also want to see us play a proper two up front with Ollie getting support.  I think Ollie is often isolated and could benefit massively from a big lump to play off/draw defenders away. 

I hope and expect that he is sold to a League 1 or 2 club, as that is his level at best. We will not move forward with poor players like Davis in out squad. 

His overall record is abysmal. I mean absolutely abysmal. 

31 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Do we not remember what happened to our last lost of youth, we had to move them on because they had never been used enough and properly or given the right experience.

Who are you thinking of?