Pre match thread

VillaChris

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Can't believe I've seen Elmo and AEG in the same sentence as "fast"!? 🤔 or, for that matter, suggesting that either could play 90 minutes in the PL, Ramadan or not! 😉

I hope neither are in the starting XI.

You reacted with a confused face to me saying Davis is s***, which his stats prove undoubtedly he is, and yet say El Ghazi should never play in the PL?

Now whilst AEG isn't the best winger we've ever had, he has scored some vital goals and is at least a hundred billion times better than League 2 standard Davis. 

Seriously, if literally anybody else had Davis' stats, they'd be laughed out of Villa Park. Instead, there are calls for him to even start! Yet El Ghazi, with pretty good stats for a bit part winger, gets dogs abuse from so many. Unbelievable

• Like 1

We need to throw on Carney Chukwuemeka listen the boy is wanted by man city and man United and other top clubs in europe ... surely we have to give him his chance ... how can we have the so called best youngster in our squad and not have played him yet... even if its 15 mins it surely wont hurt

31 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

You reacted with a confused face to me saying Davis is s***, which his stats prove undoubtedly he is, and yet say El Ghazi should never play in the PL?

Now whilst AEG isn't the best winger we've ever had, he has scored some vital goals and is at least a hundred billion times better than League 2 standard Davis. 

Seriously, if literally anybody else had Davis' stats, they'd be laughed out of Villa Park. Instead, there are calls for him to even start! Yet El Ghazi, with pretty good stats for a bit part winger, gets dogs abuse from so many. Unbelievable

I agree here KD is below par and el ghazi should have started the last game imo

Just seen that unfortunately due to kick off times wolves can't officially relegate them next week 

But still defeats to us and them is the nail in coffin which I would obviously love to see happen, especially as it would also require Brindley to beat wolves today 

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen that unfortunately due to kick off times wolves can't officially relegate them next week 

But still defeats to us and them is the nail in coffin which I would obviously love to see happen, especially as it would also require Brindley to beat wolves today 

Was in Brindley yesterday. Awful pint of Guinness in Pitcher & Piano

On 22/04/2021 at 14:41, VillaFaninLondon said:

It's the way things have gone since January that's the issue. Relegation form.

That is more the question, than one game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

They are professionals and I'm sure they know how to handle it but probably not ideal to have most of your available wide players fasting.

Yes they can I remember Moeen Ali producing some of his best performances for England during the ramadan. guess it would be better if it was an earlier kickoff. Not sure the complete rules but if they can eat after sunset then maybe they can grab some food and water in the second half 

Not sure what the mentality will be for the west brom players. If they win every game they will end up on 42 points to stay up. We have seen today what teams are like with nothing to play for. This could still be a very tough game. 

On 24/04/2021 at 11:13, PaulC said:

If we lose this or don't perform then serious questions has to be asked about the manager. We just mustn't get another passive performance. 

Serious questions if we win but don’t perform?