Pre match thread

VillaChris

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I'll be optimistic. Give him a proper amount of minutes, in his proper position and there's still a player there.

I suppose your right.  Let's see how he gets on.

• Like 1

Surprised to see Wes on the bench l, great news, hope PB gets a debut too

Ross starting though... Its as good a chance as he'll ever get to do anything positive here, if he needs a confidence boosting good performance to end the season then this is it, everything is there for him... Expectations are low... 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

As the bench shows, it's not like there's much else we could do. I think it's a weak side, probably weaker than Albion's, but what are you gonna do.

It's Jack away from being our strongest side, no (suspension notwithstanding)? That was the side we were playing in December when we were on fire.

• Like 1

Bidace on the bench along with Wesley and Ramsey that is the most exciting about this whole team.

I'm not confident today and I wonder why when I feel it's going to be more of the same like city.

So Smith takes some shit in the media about not playing Barkley and giving him enough game time and now caves in to it all.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

TBF Ghazi usually performs against them so I can see why he starts.  

I can't and if he doesn't show today it will be even more reason to get rid in the summer, time is ticking on him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Might as well give Barkley a go. No one can really argue we've been better since we dropped him.

The thing is, at least the other players who aren't quite hitting the level we need are our players, and young players. We have very little to play for, so why waste time helping this chancer reclaim his form when he's been underperforming for months and his time with us is nearly at an end?

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm not even going to bother watching. It's absolutely **** ridiculous that Barkley is playing again. 

Disagree

The only realistic alternative was Ramsey who went off injured in the last game so it's hard to know what his health is 

We don't need Nakamba for this game (I **** hope not anyway...) 

Plus this is an "easy" game for Barkleys last shot at redemption 

Interesting selection. Looks like Dean wants an open game. He will certainly get one with that midfield. A lot will depend on whether we get awful or awesome AEG, Ross and Bert. Two of those turn it on and it could be really fun. Two of the three don’t show and it could get ugly. Almost certain that both teams will score today.