Pre match thread

VillaChris

This is quite a big game now isn't it?

Win and there's a good chance we'll go back in top half and given Arsenal-Everton is happening on Friday we shouldn't be too far off 8th with 3 points (Sorry OBE). So still a bit of interest in the May games given we've got Everton twice.

It's one thing to just write off the end of the season, I get that but it's never acceptable just to expect to lose against a local rival who are still more than likely going to get relegated so think there's a bit of pressure on DS here.

The catch is they're miles better than when we played them in December (and we're much worse) so balances things out. They've got Leicester away tomorrow and that won't be an easy 3 points at all for Leicester, they'll have to work hard for them.

1-1 on Sunday.

• Haha 1

If they get a win at Leistuh tonight then they'll shithouse a thuggy win at our place too.

I just want to see us win a game again. The fact that it would be against sandwell town would make it nicer and have spluttering Eddie choking on his cornflakes, squealing it tay fair !!

I'll go an annoying 2-2,  where we were 2 up at one point.

• Like 1

We could do with Leicester beating them tonight, should leave them coming into this game gloomy about their prospects and hopefully low on confidence. We need a win, something to get the season going again.

I thought our shape for 10 Mins before Cash got sent off last night looked good, we used the width of the pitch and looked like we could stretch a team,   we can’t go into this game passive and safe. 

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I thought our shape for 10 Mins before Cash got sent off last night looked good, we used the width of the pitch and looked like we could stretch a team,   we can’t go into this game passive and safe. 

Cash suspended then for this?

I want to see us line up like this.

----------------------- Martinez -------------------------

Kesler ------ Konsa ----- Mings ----- Targett

-------- Nakamba ------------- Luiz -----------------

ELG ---------------- McGinn -------------Ramsey

----------------------- Watkins -------------------------

Davis, Barry, Chuk, Aaron Ramsey, Sanson, Traore, Elmo, Hause, Steer

Get some of the young guys in, at least they'll show a bit of drive and passion as they have something to prove.

Losing to these clowns is as unacceptable as losing to Sheffield United.

Both shit, both should be (and should have) been dispatched without fuss.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Things could get a little nasty, (or nastier), for Deano if we don't win this one. Fair or not. 

Yeah, it's almost as if beating the champions 7-2, steering well clear of relegation and massive improvement isn't enough for some? Not sure what they expected after literally being one point away from the Championship on the final day of last season...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On current form WBA are the better team so I'm expecting another defeat, they are playing very well at the moment.

Villa cannot seem to string more than a couple of passes together regardless of who we are playing.

I've actually watched every match this season live and I'm honestly considering not bothering as we've been so poor to watch for awhile now.

Cit£h we weren't expected to get anything and were playing a world class team who have spent a billion quid on their squad (though after going 1-0 up we managed the game poorly). 

Boggies are a poorer team than us and anything other than a win is completely unacceptable. If Smith can't beat the better teams he has to at least beat the poorer teams.

Given up on expecting Grealish to play as the situation gets more farcical by the week.