Pre match thread

VillaChris

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I felt the difference between the teams last time out was Grealish.

Will be a completely different game now. 2 evenly matched teams that could go either way really

image.jpeg.be49297c9789550c45c1a52b001236d9.jpeg

• Haha 1

Baggies have trouble scoring (Chelsea aside) but have shored up defensively.

We’ve got a decent defence but struggle for creativity.

If I had £500 i’d put it all on a nil nil draw.

On 23/04/2021 at 15:06, Herman22 said:

Do we go with Davis from the start 

No we don't. We don't go with Davis at all. Ever. Because he is by some distance, the worst so called striker this club has seen in my life time and I'm 40. 

A League 2 player at the very, very best and I'll be delighted when he moved to his level in the summer. Especially as that means no more mind boggling suggestions of him starting for us.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

No we don't. We don't go with Davis at all. Ever. Because he is by some distance, the worst so called striker this club has seen in my life time and I'm 40. 

A League 2 player at the very, very best and I'll be delighted when he moved to his level in the summer. Especially as that means no more mind boggling suggestions of him starting for us.

He made the difference against  a similar standard team just three weeks back so really don't think it's the worst shout although I suspect it will just be AEG coming back in to start given he's had some good games v West Brom in the past.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He made the difference against  a similar standard team just three weeks back so really don't think it's the worst shout although I suspect it will just be AEG coming back in to start given he's had some good games v West Brom in the past.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. His stats over the last 5 years or so are undisputably awful. I couldn't care less that he got one assist against a soon to be relegated Fulham. He is dreadful. 

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. His stats over the last 5 years or so are undisputably awful. I couldn't care less that he got one assist against a soon to be relegated Fulham. He is dreadful. 

Guess we will be playing against us another soon to be relegated team so picking him wouldn't be a bad idea

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Guess we will be playing against us another soon to be relegated team so picking him wouldn't be a bad idea

He has played against many crap sides in his Villa career and done next to bugger all. Just because he got one assist against Fulham, it doesn't mean he will do it again. His record goes before him and it's baffling that anyone would consider him in our squad. He wasn't even good enough for the Championship. 

• Confused 2

Pretty sure a win will make us feel football is worth it again. I predicted an 8th/9th place finish at the start of the season, and that could be very much on the cards. Can't ask for more after missing out on a Championship return by the skin of our teeth and our best player by miles out for so long. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

might be too soon for him, but would be nice to see Wesley make the bench and possibly get a few mins at the end

I have a feeling he'll make the bench but won't be used - it'll be a nice mental boost for him though.

The bench is starting to get difficult to fill - another couple of injuries and we're in trouble.

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

might be too soon for him, but would be nice to see Wesley make the bench and possibly get a few mins at the end

Yes, it would, I'm starting to believe he'll never play again. Need to get that out of my head.

On 23/04/2021 at 13:41, AndyM3000 said:

Elmo would also be fasting I assume so there's a decent chance him and El Ghazi can't play a full 90 minutes.

Can't believe I've seen Elmo and AEG in the same sentence as "fast"!? 🤔 or, for that matter, suggesting that either could play 90 minutes in the PL, Ramadan or not! 😉

I hope neither are in the starting XI.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Traore also fasting? Burkina Faso seem to be mostly Muslim but have a large Christian population as well. Anyone know?

Sounds like he is muslim too.

https://www.pillar2postuk.com/post/muslim-footballers-in-the-premier-league-2020-21-season

Aston Villa

Ahmed Elmohamady, Anwar El Ghazi, Bertrand Traore and Mahmoud Trezeguet

• Thanks 1