Pre match thread

VillaChris

Just now, Stratvillan said:

There's nothing wrong with giving them time, and I'd like to see Barry,Chuk and Ramsey all involved st some point tonight.

If we throw them all in from the start and we get heavily beaten, that's not going to help them in the long term. 

They are young and, in an ideal world, I probably wouldn't be looking to play them at this stage, but given where we are, I can see very few cons and a lot of pros to starting Kessler and possibly Chuk/JPB (depending upon formation) and Ramsey.

• The alternatives are really poor and hopefully leaving us this summer (AEG, Nakamba, Elmo).  This is the main one for me.  I struggle to think that the kids could be much worse and, if they are, what have we lost.
  • There is no pressure on this Villa side in that (1) we aren't getting relegated; and (2) we aren't getting into Europe.
  • The Villa fans get a chance to see our highly rated kids.
  • I am sure they want the opportunity.
  • If, say, Chuk does not perform then at least he has had a chance and we can discuss his development over the next couple of years in that light.  It doesn't turn into a Sancho scenario we ups and leaves for a German club (or Citeh/Utd who are rumoured to be interested) as he can't say that he hasn't been given a first team opportunity.

I can't think of many cons?? Do you think they will be psychologically scarred for life?  If so, maybe they are the wrong type??

Having said all this, I don't expect him to do it and I have just seen that he hasn't.  More of the same?????🙈

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I've never understood the desperation to attack Ross Barkley. 

I think he originally played so well and gave us hope, we wanted to buy him  but has recently lost that impetuous  and is no better than what we have. But we saw him and we know what he is capable. I wonder if this is why he doesn't get regular first team outings at Chelsea, Could do better, 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? Who would you play instead? We don’t have many options.

Not first team players that have let the side down week after week. AEG and Barkley could bag hat tricks today. They should. It's West Brom but neither should he here next year and its time Smith showed a bit of  an edge

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

If this isn't the game to sprinkle a bit of youthful magic into the team then I don't know what would be.

If he did he would get an incredible amount of stick if West brom smashed us. 

• Like 1

Well, just been watching Warwickshire successfully pull off a 256 run chase against Essex to go top of their group in the Bob Willis trophy!

I have winning on my mind and there is no doubt we should beat this shower. 

They really are very poor, not up to PL standards, two recent rogue results notwithstanding, and there is little excuse for us not winning comfortably.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Not first team players that have let the side down week after week. AEG and Barkley could bag hat tricks today. They should. It's West Brom but neither should he here next year and its time Smith showed a bit of  an edge

The problem is they are here right now and we have nobody better so they are going to play. They offer an attacking threat, who else can we put in that does? 

16 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Slagging off our own players before a game starts, just because they get picked. It's just wrong.  

Might as well start with the posters as well what do you reckon AVPuko?

Follyrunt

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1