Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

he's another player with absolutely no value for money to him, good player no doubt, walks in to our team but southampton would be so reluctant to sell, and lets be honest him to join, that we'd be able to buy 2 or 3 players on the continent for the same money

i'll throw in another italian player from FM, locatelli, another playing for Sassuolo and the national team, linked with man city for £30m, how can man city be buying ferran torres for £25m and linked with locatelli for £30m whilst we talk about ASM and JWP for £80m+ that doesnt make sense

JWP is as safe a transfer as we could make. Better passer than anyone in our team, world class set piece taker, plus a real hard worker. He would fit into our system seamlessly, and improve us in more ways than one.  Locatelli would be a risk (fairly low risk in regards to foreign signings) and would need time. In this comparison you can say the extra 20 or 30 million is fair.

For us we have an English manager and coaches, a dressing room primarily British JWP is a perfect fit. Not realistic though, as it's a sideish ways move, he would request 100k per week plus and the fee would be 50 to 60 million.

Man City don't need first team ready players, we do. Man City have a worldwide scouting network, we don't. Man City have the draw of the best manager in the world, champions league football, and can pay hundreds of thousands a week. They can attract Locatelli, we can't. This is a guy on the radar of AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, he won't leave Italy for play for Villa. Man City maybe, Villa no way.

The top foreign prospects only look at the top foreign clubs, unless they aren't ready for them. If a top foreign prospect comes to Villa he sees us as a stepping stones as the top clubs are reluctant to take a chance, or like Douglas Luiz, can't get a work permit for a top club.

Take Douglas out (he never played in England before we signed him), and all our best players came from the domestic market. It's the same for most teams outside the top 6. Signing a player from abroad good enough to operate in the top half of the Premier league is a lottery unless you are feeding at the top table. 

That's not to say don't buy from foreign leagues. Just means if you want to sign first team ready players you need to prioritise English based players,  and that obviously Comes at a premium. If you want a player to add competition, or because they're a good prospect by all means go foreign and try to find a bargain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Nicolo Zaniolo would be a dream, left footed, not too dissimilar to Jack from the limited times that I've seen him. A couple of inches taller and built like a brick shithouse. Still very skillful, good dribbling ability and only 21 years of age. Not very likely as he plays for Roma. He's also currently recovering from a ruptured cruciate. All in all, a bit of a pipe dream

Its his 2nd bad injury so not sure he will come back as dynamic as before

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

whats happened to italian right winger FM wonderkid vignato? i know he signed for bologna but heard nothing since

or for the sake of nostalgia we go for berardi, theres politano at napoli too but im pretty sure hes a starter

Politano is usually a sub until a few weeks ago when Lozano got injured

a midfield 3 of Jack, Rodrigo De Paul and Berardi would be awesome to watch, not too unattainable though Berardi is extremely loyal so would need convincing

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

JWP is as safe a transfer as we could make. Better passer than anyone in our team, world class set piece taker, plus a real hard worker. He would fit into our system seamlessly, and improve us in more ways than one.  Locatelli would be a risk (fairly low risk in regards to foreign signings) and would need time. In this comparison you can say the extra 20 or 30 million is fair.

For us we have an English manager and coaches, a dressing room primarily British JWP is a perfect fit. Not realistic though, as it's a sideish ways move, he would request 100k per week plus and the fee would be 50 to 60 million.

Man City don't need first team ready players, we do. Man City have a worldwide scouting network, we don't. Man City have the draw of the best manager in the world, champions league football, and can pay hundreds of thousands a week. They can attract Locatelli, we can't. This is a guy on the radar of AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, he won't leave Italy for play for Villa. Man City maybe, Villa no way.

The top foreign prospects only look at the top foreign clubs, unless they aren't ready for them. If a top foreign prospect comes to Villa he sees us as a stepping stones as the top clubs are reluctant to take a chance, or like Douglas Luiz, can't get a work permit for a top club.

Take Douglas out (he never played in England before we signed him), and all our best players came from the domestic market. It's the same for most teams outside the top 6. Signing a player from abroad good enough to operate in the top half of the Premier league is a lottery unless you are feeding at the top table. 

That's not to say don't buy from foreign leagues. Just means if you want to sign first team ready players you need to prioritise English based players,  and that obviously Comes at a premium. If you want a player to add competition, or because they're a good prospect by all means go foreign and try to find a bargain.

We won't be buying JWP for £50m+

That kind of transfer just doesn't happen, what similar transfers have there been from one mid table PL club to another?  Richarlison and sigurdsson to Everton are the only 2 in the top 100 PL transfers that I can see and they came from worse clubs than Southampton 

And that's before you ask why would we he come to us? We easily laugh off the idea that grealish would go to arsenal... JWP to us is the same... And it wont £100k a week

I can see that he's a good player same as ASM I just don't see us breaking thr bank for him, he's a completely unrealistic transfer for more than one reason 

• Like 2

Italian and don’t alway adapt well to the Prem, I’m more interested in the bundesliga and  Ligue Un as they tend to adapt better. Also No to saint-Maxim. Sure he entertains but we already have a bunch of wingers who can look world class (fleetingly) but suffer with end product. Why spend £30mill plus on another one when better ( less eye catching) players are available ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

would love JWP.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would be an outstanding buy... but won't happen.

His delivery alone would probably bring us an extra 15 points.

I never believe in never.....I would not rule out anyone, you never know, if you try.

• Like 2

No one is going to pay £50m for Ward-Prowse beyond set-pieces his all round game isn't even that good. If Southampton were to go down, I doubt any of the top six or seven in the league would be interested in him. Edit: Just had a look on a Southampton forum and even they're saying pretty much the same thing about him.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I like Saint-Maxim, but his end product isn't that great. And he is inclined to pick up muscle injuries. I also believe he plays best in the left. If we had another top class winger I'd be happy with him as a 3rd choice rotation option or if we planned to move Jack to the middle, then as the left winger.

He would be a good option for his versatility of being able to play on both of the wings.

If you take out Trezeguet it still leaves us short of quality in those wide areas and I agree we do need another type.

Saint-Maximin would be ideal to bring on later in games and let him terrorise tired defences.

I don't think Newcastle would get away with asking that much for him if they're relegated.

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

I never believe in never.....I would not rule out anyone, you never know, if you try.

That's the spirit TRO. I to think anyone is a possibility now, it all depends on how our Negotiating is along with convincing whoever were after that we will continue to improve and start to really compete..

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He would be a good option for his versatility of being able to play on both of the wings.

If you take out Trezeguet it still leaves us short of quality in those wide areas and I agree we do need another type.

Saint-Maximin would be ideal to bring on later in games and let him terrorise tired defences.

I don't think Newcastle would get away with asking that much for him if they're relegated.

I would rather us try going after Takefuso Kubo or Leon Bailey in than Saint-Maximin, they to are Versatile and can play a fair few positions along the front line. With the current troubles clubs are having abroad, we should find these Young guns and try to buy them from there clubs while there's a chance we could make it work.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would rather us try going after Takefuso Kubo or Leon Bailey in than Saint-Maximin, they to are Versatile and can play a fair few positions along the front line. With the current troubles clubs are having abroad, we should find these Young guns and try to buy them from there clubs while there's a chance we could make it work.

See the source image

make it so star trek GIFSee the source imagemake it so patrick stewart GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

See the source image

make it so star trek GIFSee the source imagemake it so patrick stewart GIF

patrick stewart love GIF

If it's one of the two signings I'd love to see the club get that fans would want that isn't out of our range would be Leon Bailey or Kubo..

I reckon clubs should do that, put out a poll each season and fans get to vote on who comes to the club and as long as it's doable the club can try bring them in..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1