Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

I don’t think we will be going after Tammy in the summer either think it’s all paper talk 

Not sure, Smith loves former players being signed and we know he loved Tammy. Easy link but it wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

JWP is as safe a transfer as we could make. Better passer than anyone in our team, world class set piece taker, plus a real hard worker. He would fit into our system seamlessly, and improve us in more ways than one.  Locatelli would be a risk (fairly low risk in regards to foreign signings) and would need time. In this comparison you can say the extra 20 or 30 million is fair.

For us we have an English manager and coaches, a dressing room primarily British JWP is a perfect fit. Not realistic though, as it's a sideish ways move, he would request 100k per week plus and the fee would be 50 to 60 million.

Man City don't need first team ready players, we do. Man City have a worldwide scouting network, we don't. Man City have the draw of the best manager in the world, champions league football, and can pay hundreds of thousands a week. They can attract Locatelli, we can't. This is a guy on the radar of AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, he won't leave Italy for play for Villa. Man City maybe, Villa no way.

The top foreign prospects only look at the top foreign clubs, unless they aren't ready for them. If a top foreign prospect comes to Villa he sees us as a stepping stones as the top clubs are reluctant to take a chance, or like Douglas Luiz, can't get a work permit for a top club.

Take Douglas out (he never played in England before we signed him), and all our best players came from the domestic market. It's the same for most teams outside the top 6. Signing a player from abroad good enough to operate in the top half of the Premier league is a lottery unless you are feeding at the top table. 

That's not to say don't buy from foreign leagues. Just means if you want to sign first team ready players you need to prioritise English based players,  and that obviously Comes at a premium. If you want a player to add competition, or because they're a good prospect by all means go foreign and try to find a bargain.

Even with the English premium I wouldn’t entertain more than 35m for him.

He has a whole bunch of positive attributes but 50 million buys you some very good foreign or lower league players

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I would rather us try going after Takefuso Kubo or Leon Bailey in than Saint-Maximin, they to are Versatile and can play a fair few positions along the front line. With the current troubles clubs are having abroad, we should find these Young guns and try to buy them from there clubs while there's a chance we could make it work.

Kubo is a decent shout if they aren’t brought this summer

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would be an outstanding buy... but won't happen.

His delivery alone would probably bring us an extra 15 points.

Except his delivery his in game play isnt really that great. An enhanced Conor

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Except his delivery his in game play isnt really that great. An enhanced Conor

I'll admit not watching his games or anything like that enough.

However his quality of delivery is just so outstanding it's hard to ignore.

Furthermore, isn't an " Enhanced " Connor a good thing?

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll admit not watching his games or anything like that enough.

However his quality of delivery is just so outstanding it's hard to ignore.

Furthermore, isn't an " Enhanced " Connor a good thing?

Enhanced but more in his set pieces, him and Conor had the same goals and assists stats last season

Its just another Steve Bruce like thought of a player who had a great game against that we need to sign

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Enhanced but more in his set pieces, him and Conor had the same goals and assists stats last season

Its just another Steve Bruce like thought of a player who had a great game against that we need to sign

The lad is 27 as well so it isn’t even like you can sign him and recoup the cash a bit further down the line like you can with someone 5 years younger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Kubo is a decent shout if they aren’t brought this summer

Well I wonder if his club Real Madrid are having any issues like other clubs abroad are???

Current market value of 13.5 million..

He's been on alot of Loan which is why I do not get when Smith wanted him on loan (which by the way must hint that Smith's an admirer of him) that Villa were knocked back. I think we'd get the absolute best out of him. He's tricky, fast, tough, has a never stop running around attitude much like Watkins and has those energy levels to, has alot we could benefit from..

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/takefusa-kubo/profil/spieler/405398 ( I don't think his stats compared to his appearances tell the whole story to be fair)

1616816981110_0_1616816893844.jpg

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Saint Maximn is miles better than likes of Trez and AEG, surprised that's even a debate!

I think that's the sort of calibre of signing that would push us up to 7th or even 6th anyway.

I think we can do better than Saint maximin, I do agree though he's miles better than Ghazi and Trez, even if combined both of them he'd still be better.

No offense to them but it's time to move on from Ghazi and Trez or we will never be a decent scoring side having either those on the pitch. 

But I doubt Newcastle would sell him anyway, I think if they were to go down which I do not think they will. They may bounce back up unless they struggle like we did and then I reckon they'd be stuck for years or do a Leeds and it be a decade of champ football. Sometimes a club has to reset themselves when they go through a tough time and it maybe Newcastle's turn to be on rid the fallen from the premier. Just like us we have to reset everything about us and it took a demotion, 20 years of bad football and some crappy managers and crap Owners to find a new Identity in and off the field and a pair of Owners who care about the club.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was thinking about him last night and then thought who's the next lookman? 

Anyone seen much of noni madueke? 

You don’t need the next lookman when that guy is available for something like 17m apparently 

• Like 1