Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I like Saint-Maxim, but his end product isn't that great. And he is inclined to pick up muscle injuries. I also believe he plays best in the left. If we had another top class winger I'd be happy with him as a 3rd choice rotation option or if we planned to move Jack to the middle, then as the left winger.

I'd like to see another creator type like Jack as opposed to a direct speed merchant like Saint Maxim. As we have 3 or 4 box to box midfielders good at getting in between the lines, and Watkins who is very good running in behind, then it makes more sense to me to have a player on the right who can find those runs of the two 8's and the striker. While also possessing the skill to hold ball and give thise players time to make their run and offer an outlet to carry the ball forward. 

Great movement in the middle seems to be Deanos aim with everyone capable ball carriers. So playmaker wingers suit that more. This will help ball retention too. Traore seems more of a playmaker type, but he doesn’t seem to have enough quality.

Now if we decided to play Jack as a no 10 then pace around him is what you want.

14 hours ago, Jareth said:

I know it sounds stooopid, but we need to clone Grealish. We need a spare. I'd go all out for St Maximin - if we get the chance. 

Soteldo imo closest and most realistic player in world football who we could sign who plays in incredibly similar fashion to Jack, drifting off left, beats players for fun and chips in with goals.

Sort of signing where he could come in and settle in over 12 months especially as we have many Spanish speakers in the squad and perhaps a year later he's ready to replace Jack if we have to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Soteldo imo closest and most realistic player in world football who we could sign who plays in incredibly similar fashion to Jack, drifting off left, beats players for fun and chips in with goals.

Sort of signing where he could come in and settle in over 12 months especially as we have many Spanish speakers in the squad and perhaps a year later he's ready to replace Jack if we have to.

Love the look of him....some really nice touches there.  Just googled him, 5ft 2" wow.....Getting a visa for him might be a problem depending on factors

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Tidy player - but he's half as high as Tommy Elphick, I think he'd get squashed... 

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tidy player - but he's half as high as Tommy Elphick, I think he'd get squashed... 

Yeah he's tiny but so were Juninho and Zola when they came in and prem in mid 90s was completely different to the largely non contact 90 minutes match it is now when brushes and players just falling just gets a free kick so I doubt he'd just be kicked off the pitch. Brazilian football can be pretty brutal if you ever catch a match from that league.

As much as I don't want to advocate Brexit I'm sure I read that it will make it easier to get in south america players now with the work permits? Brighton signed an Ecuador under 20 player who's got a few caps for their national team and Soteldo been a regular for Venezuela last few years.

Amazed he hasn't come to play in europe already so feels like he should be on our radar.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah he's tiny but so were Juninho and Zola when they came in and prem in mid 90s was completely different to the largely non contact 90 minutes match it is now when brushes and players just falling just gets a free kick so I doubt he'd just be kicked off the pitch. Brazilian football can be pretty brutal if you ever catch a match from that league.

As much as I don't want to advocate Brexit I'm sure I read that it will make it easier to get in south america players now with the work permits? Brighton signed an Ecuador under 20 player who's got a few caps for their national team and Soteldo been a regular for Venezuela last few years.

Amazed he hasn't come to play in europe already so feels like he should be on our radar.

Dribbling style is the same tease, entice, and then boom balls gone. However Jack also has the weight of pass and can cross with both feet. Also for me we need a left footed version of Jack.

We don't need to spend all our dough on a Grealish clone, we've already got Grealish, we need players as close to his ability as possible to play in some of the other creative positions on the field, such as the right-wing. If we sign another player to play in Grealish's position that's more likely to have to be someone who's prepared to be a squad player, but h o p e f u l l y an improvement on El Ghazi.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Would be nice but if one even exists on earth he'd cost £150m

Nicolo Zaniolo would be a dream, left footed, not too dissimilar to Jack from the limited times that I've seen him. A couple of inches taller and built like a brick shithouse. Still very skillful, good dribbling ability and only 21 years of age. Not very likely as he plays for Roma. He's also currently recovering from a ruptured cruciate. All in all, a bit of a pipe dream

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

whats happened to italian right winger FM wonderkid vignato? i know he signed for bologna but heard nothing since

or for the sake of nostalgia we go for berardi, theres politano at napoli too but im pretty sure hes a starter

Scored last night for the Italians didn't he?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

50m plus at least. Their captain, England  International. Prime years ahead.

he's another player with absolutely no value for money to him, good player no doubt, walks in to our team but southampton would be so reluctant to sell, and lets be honest him to join, that we'd be able to buy 2 or 3 players on the continent for the same money

i'll throw in another italian player from FM, locatelli, another playing for Sassuolo and the national team, linked with man city for £30m, how can man city be buying ferran torres for £25m and linked with locatelli for £30m whilst we talk about ASM and JWP for £80m+ that doesnt make sense

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's another player with absolutely no value for money to him, good player no doubt, walks in to our team but southampton would be so reluctant to sell, and lets be honest him to join, that we'd be able to buy 2 or 3 players on the continent for the same money

i'll throw in another italian player from FM, locatelli, another playing for Sassuolo and the national team, linked with man city for £30m, how can man city be buying ferran torres for £25m and linked with locatelli for £30m whilst we talk about ASM and JWP for £80m+ that doesnt make sense

Because we still at the stage that we can afford a failure because we need every body to work for the fees we are paying, our small squad size, FFP and not being able to let people bed in for a season or more like Torres.

Do I like it? No but less risk, more premium until we are stable if that’s the route the club takes I understand.  Taking risks on overseas players maybe too much risk at the moment at those prices.  Cheaper ones, no problem hence why we have Lange but ten of millions might be too risky for us at the moment.

Edited by nick76