Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

We have options now, it’s going to be interesting, I trust Smith and the coaching team to find the right formation  with the available squad, do you Kiwivillan?

Absolutely. I'm excited with what we've got already and anymore beyond back up CB and maybe GK is a bonus 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Absolutely. I'm excited with what we've got already and anymore beyond back up CB and maybe GK is a bonus 

It looks like the back up centre back is going to be Axel Tuanzebe which I’d be all for. As for the back up goalkeeper, I have no idea, do you Kiwivillan?

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Out:

AEG - £15+M
Dougie (sadly) - £25-30M

Conor - £5M

Wes - Loan with view to sell

J Ramsey - Loan

In:

Pape Matar Sarr - £25M (DCM)

JWP - £40-45M - CM

Julian Alvarez - 20M - utility forward

(all on 5 year contracts)

Axel - Loan (4-5M?) - CB cover

With the revenue from Jack and other sales we can do that all within FFP with headroom for next year. 

JWP is an immediate starter, Sarr and Alvarez bedded in gradually. For example, I’d trust JWP and SJM to start the season as a 2 in a 4-2-3-1 with the option of great subs to bring on as required. 

Top quality XI back to front, a great bench, sufficient options to play different formations comfortably, and a genuine shot at Europe this season. We’d also start against Watford with Bailey as the only player without Prem experience. 

Revolution not evolution, giving us the squad to kick on to the next level as a top 6 team.

XI for Watford: 

Martinez (c)

Mings

Konsa

Targett

Cash

McGinn

Ward Prowse

Buendia

Bailey

Ings

Watkins

Unbelievable team, imo. 

I’d sell AEG, Hourihane and Guilbert hoping to raise 20m

id also loan out Wesley.

Id bring in Milenkovic from Fiorentina for CB

Aarons from Norwich for right back

Koopmeiner from AZ for DCM

de ascrealeta (or however it is spelled) as the utility forward as you put it.

a reserve keeper.

I think you could do that for 65m net.

Keep the rest to see how it all pans out for a future window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who misses out for Kamada 4 spots available. Traore and AEG already on the bench

Buendia Ings Bailey

Watkins

We could sell El Ghazi, for a decent price and to a willing buyer.

Davis and Wesley have arguably become redundant, they can go (at least on loan). We now have two top CFs who are vastly superior…

If we moved those players on, we could even bring both Kamada and Alvarez in…

We can rotate and keep players fresh and on form. It doesn’t have to be the exact same 11 every week/game. 

We’ll finally have proper options from the bench to help change/turn games and we could rotate too instead of burning players out.

Ings and Watkins don’t have to play (every game) together.

This is what the big or successful teams do, it’s a squad game after all…

Tbh, I really didn’t envisage is being at this stage yet (where we could potentially have a strong and competitive squad, players fighting for positions) but I also didn’t think a certain someone would leave…

Therefore, we are no longer so financially restricted and we can actually increase our ambition and sign more players of a higher quality should we wish to…

The whole situation has changed now and I actually think we are and will be better off…

Nothing wrong with wanting and signing new/better players… you can’t afford to stand still in this league if you have any ambition and too much sentimentality or a severe lack of decisiveness/ruthlessness can cost you… 

Improve and upgrade when and where you can, it will make you more successful… as well as, hopefully, existing players improving. Easier to do with better players around them… 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He won't be he's the 7th player I listed for 4 available slots so not like I'm saying he's playing a full season. 

Do you think everyone should be speculating about Kamada even though there's zero links between us and the player?

I don’t disagree on the practicalities with the numbers, but the way I see it is more Kamada, Ings, Watkins, Bundia, Bailey and Traore would be the core. 4 starting, 2 off the bench and JPB playing a bit part role. Ings will need to be rested semi frequently - as he was at Southampton, the rest are rotated based on form.

Zero links doesn’t mean anything after Ings IMO - additionally Kamada has all the attitude qualities we would rate - defensive contribution for an attacking player, disciplined, and fills the void of a component of Jack’s game.

In saying all that though, it’s probably why the Ings signing has me a bit confused, to play both him and Watkins youre essentially playing one out of position.

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It looks like the back up centre back is going to be Axel Tuanzebe which I’d be all for. As for the back up goalkeeper, I have no idea, do you Kiwivillan?

Sergio Romero? Free…

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you think about Axel horrific injury record at Manure though barely hardly playing. Seems waste of time getting cover player that's injured all the time

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Could also be Buendia as a free role a la Scholes behind a front 3 of Watkins Ings Bailey

Either way who misses out in that front 4 for Kamada that hasn't signed or been linked. Not asking you SGC but all the posters desperate for him

I think the answer is the same as this question: "What would have happened if Jack did a U-turn and decided to stay instead?"

Who would then miss out from Jack, Watkins, Ings, Bailey and Buendia?

For mine, it's Ings that misses out.

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What do you think about Axel horrific injury record at Manure though barely hardly playing. Seems waste of time getting cover player that's injured all the time

He played 25 matches for us in 2018/19 in The Championship, I thought he was great for us and played a big role in getting us promoted. There is lots of competition for places at Man United, he won’t get first team football there but he can challenge Konsa here in my opinion and they can bring the best out of each other 

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He played 25 matches for us in 2018/19 in The Championship, I thought he was great for us and played a big role in getting us promoted. There is lots of competition for places at Man United, he won’t get first team football there but he can challenge Konsa here in my opinion and they can bring the best out of each other 

What about the horrific injury record? 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Any transfer is a gamble, especially one with a bad injury record, he is still only 23 years old, he has a lot of years in front of him, hopefully anyway

49 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wasn’t it our training regime that gave him his longest spell of football? 

I see it as a bit of a moneyball signing. Low risk as a loan and only needed as 4th choice but a genuinely talented player who we wouldn’t be talking about signing if he was injury free. When fit and on form he showed he’s as good as Konsa. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think we COULD gamble on it given that we aren’t signing him as a starter… if he ended up injured it would ‘just’ be a waste of money. As a loan, barely even that maybe. But as a loan if he comes, stays fit, plays his way into the team we disrupt our defence and then he pops back to Man United that’s annoying as well.

I’d rather go into the season with him in the squad than just with three centre backs, but I’m also sure we are looking around at other options.