Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Did i miss something ? Basically said we bought 3 players to cover losing Jack and the attributes he brings to the team. I wouldn't rule out more signings, he's not going to admit we are now going all out to spunk another £70m on X more players. Its not how we work.

• Like 2

Not what he said the young players and the replacement for jack is done meaning we are done and get ready for the season. I  really think thats it i wonder if the academy players will step up if so might be good.

Jack's fee has been spent and he has been replaced was the message. Smart to do it beforehand so we don't get bent over a barrel and/or panic buy.

Just need a CB and a CM and it's been a good window, removing emotion from the equation.

7 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Did i miss something ? Basically said we bought 3 players to cover losing Jack and the attributes he brings to the team. I wouldn't rule out more signings, he's not going to admit we are now going all out to spunk another £70m on X more players. Its not how we work.

Yes. “Hey football clubs we desperately need to replace Grealish and have 100 million burning a hole in our pocket”

I think we’ll see CM, CB and GK in

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

I really think we need someone on the left. The plan can't be to play someone out of their favoured position there.

Didn't Bailey play most of his games there last season? Or at least a pretty even split?

• Like 1

We give out the absolute very least amount of information possible in order to achieve our objectives. They are a master class in how to behave in opaque over the counter markets such as football transfers. You don’t show your hand. You don’t state how big of a transaction you are really looking to do, and you keep everything under wraps until you’ve made the transaction occur. The Ings trade was the perfect example! 

WE CONTROL THE NARRATIVE.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 2

Let’s get Ward-Prowse and Cantwell over the line, plus a loan deal for a CB. We have addressed the main challenges we had when we didn’t have Grealish last season, now let’s address the issues we had with teams bossing our midfield.

For the last few seasons, various people at the club, including Purslow and Smith have said something along the lines of "yeah, I don't envisage much change this year, we did our spending last year", before then spending a shit tonne on loads of new players. It's standard practice. Don't panic, there will be more coming in.

• Like 1