Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Full on, putting the band back together vibes. Dressing room will be bouncing if it happens, who’d want to walk out of that set up? 

• Like 2

Just now, alreadyexists said:

£25m for Tammy would be incredible value… I think it’ll be more like £40m+ if it does happen

I thought Chelsea had lowered their asking price? In a purely hypothetical scenario--if we could offload Wesley for £10m and spend a maximum of £30m on Tammy then that would be fantastic business.

• Thanks 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

£25m for Tammy would be incredible value… I think it’ll be more like £40m+ if it does happen

Chelsea want rid of him and everyone knows it. Could get him for under 30. And that wouldbe decent value. 

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Tammy for £25m? How much could we recoup for Wesley do you think?

I think Wesley would have to be a loan to be honest, no one is going to shell out a trasnfer fee for a guy woh's been injured for as long as he has. But you never know, a decent loan period in Europe and we might at least recoup some of the transfer fee.

• Like 1

Not sure on Tammy, a good player, but would prefer sign a player that instantly improves our first 11 like Bailey and Buendia will. 

If we sign Tammy and still have funds to put 40m on a starting midfielder then great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I thought Chelsea had lowered their asking price? In a purely hypothetical scenario--if we could offload Wesley for £10m and spend a maximum of £30m on Tammy then that would be fantastic business.

I agree. I didn’t know that Chelsea has made noises about getting rid. I think he would fit in well here and improve us… I just can’t see is spending that much on effectively a back up striker to Ollie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Not sure on Tammy, a good player, but would prefer sign a player that instantly improves our first 11 like Bailey and Buendia will. 

If we sign Tammy and still have funds to put 40m on a starting midfielder then great.

Definite no from me re: Tammy - don't think he's the right type of player for us and will want guaranteed first team while not being as good as Watkins. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

If a certain captain stays then improving that again this window means pushing Buendia, Bailey, Jack or Ollie to the bench. That’s just not happening. 

Intrigued by the idea of playing Axel as a DM though. 

Tammy is class and I was gutted when he had to back to Chelsea after his spell with us. We simply have to have another top quality striker on the books. Even the best players need to be challenged for their position to keep them sharp and hungry . Another top striker also makes us able to change formation, play ollie wide left if necessary, cover for injury/ loss of form/ suspensions etc. 

I know the argument has been done to death on here but I really struggle to understand how people dont want a player of tammy's ability back at Villa. Wes, davis and a bunch of kids aint the answer

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

As in the bank?

Nah Fred, one of the Barclay brothers. David unfortunarely passed away earlier in the year. Could have been a wicked combination in the middle of the park.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

If a certain captain stays then improving that again this window means pushing Buendia, Bailey, Jack or Ollie to the bench. That’s just not happening. 

Intrigued by the idea of playing Axel as a DM though. 

If we are in for Tammy, then that to me sounds like they're planning on Jack staying. If Jack is to leave, we'll buy a new MF/AM im sure.

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

If we are in for Tammy, then that to me sounds like they're planning on Jack staying. If Jack is to leave, we'll buy a new MF/AM im sure.

Not really.   Tammy is a Wesley/Davis replacement.       If Jack leaves, then those replacements are different targets.

I am sure if we buy Tammy the management would know exactly where he fits in, its never gong to be a panic buy. Theres no square pegs for round holes going to arrive here any more.

As he hasn't yet been sold maybe the terms of a deal are more appealing and he suddenly beocmes possible inthi swindow (alongside others). There one certainlty though, we need a nother CB and Striker so this could be our business all ticked off?

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1