Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I think as most of us expected, highly unlikely JWP happens.

Very good source for Southampton. Similar to Percy for us. Basically means it would have to be an astronomical figure. We've shown with the Pape Sarr comments earlier this summer that if a club raises the asking price to a point they're not happy with, they'll move on - so I can't see this one progressing.

31 minutes ago, Wes said:

I think as most of us expected, highly unlikely JWP happens.

Very good source for Southampton. Similar to Percy for us. Basically means it would have to be an astronomical figure. We've shown with the Pape Sarr comments earlier this summer that if a club raises the asking price to a point they're not happy with, they'll move on - so I can't see this one progressing.

If he's similar to Percy then he knows nothing just a tap in merchant. 

4 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

If he's similar to Percy then he knows nothing just a tap in merchant. 

We should all have learned not to take the utterances of journos (however respectable) at face value, they mostly know nothing.

What we do know is Southampton’s Chinese owner is not putting money in and actively looking to sell the club. If we make an offer he thinks is too good to refuse before the end of the window then a decision will be made. 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Suggesting they are moving for Tammy (must mean JWP is no go as coudlnt afford both?) and a permament deal for Axel. 

Tammy arriving is probably written into Jack's new contract 😉

• Like 1

I didn't really see us going for Tammy, but considering Chelsea have supposedly lowered their asking price and by the sounds of it we're now trying to offload Wesley, this now makes alot of sense.

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Dont get tammy - unless a change in formation or position for ollie

Davis is out for a couple of months and we're apparantly trying to shift Wesley. We'd only have Watkins and the youth team forwards left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I didn't really see us going for Tammy, but considering Chelsea have supposedly lowered their asking price and by the sounds of it we're now trying to offload Wesley, this now makes alot of sense.

Tammy for £25m? How much could we recoup for Wesley do you think?

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Tammy for £25m? How much could we recoup for Wesley do you think?

£25m for Tammy would be incredible value… I think it’ll be more like £40m+ if it does happen

• Like 1