Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

If we are in for Tammy, then that to me sounds like they're planning on Jack staying. If Jack is to leave, we'll buy a new MF/AM im sure.

Agree, but was saying Tammy isn’t an upgrade on the first XI, he’d be (very expensive) depth. If Jack goes 0121 I could see us trying for an Odegaard level replacement. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not really.   Tammy is a Wesley/Davis replacement.       If Jack leaves, then those replacements are different targets.

I'd be very surprised if we are spending 30-40m on a player to be backup/competition to Ollie. We're not at that level just yet.

I think we will buy or loan a forward, maybe even try to loan Tammy again. But spending those type of sums on a player who won't instantly improve our starting 11 doesn't make sense to me.

40m on a starting mf who is better than what we've got instantly makes us a better team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't Percy say couple of days ago we were in for McNeil as well after the Bailey news. Has he given up on being a tap in merchant?

He also said Cash would be getting a new contract and that never materialised 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Intrigued by the idea of playing Axel as a DM though. 

Who suggested that? 500 mins last 2 seasons with loads of time out from 3 injuries. Can't get this defending out of my head but maybe just an off day

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Regarding Tammy I'm now convinced @nick76 and @Dave-R have taken a leaf out of JulieB's book and have John Percy locked in a basement

How did you figure this out, you are one smart cookie Kiwi, beware of basement kidnappers you might be next me and Nick have plans for you 😉😂

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who suggested that? 500 mins last 2 seasons with loads of time out from 3 injuries. Can't get this defending out of my head but maybe just an off day

It's possibly a bit harsh to focus only on the guy's worst game for us. It's not that he wasn't shit in that match, because he absolutely was, but there were also plenty of games in which he was *massively* better than that (we did get promoted with him playing most games after all). It's also nearly three years ago at this point, so he - being a young player - has presumably improved significantly since then.

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't Percy say couple of days ago we were in for McNeil as well after the Bailey news. Has he given up on being a tap in merchant?

He said if we lose Grealish we'd be looking at Sarr, Cantwell, Abraham and JWP but not necessarily getting all of them just that we'd be looking at them

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ispacer.png

It's okay we have JT locked up instead making phone calls to Chelsea about Tammy, have you seen him about at all since his departure 😂

I can see us looking to loan Tammy, with a view to a permanent move. That will get around FFP this summer, and Chelsea need to reduce their squad, and it seems is 3th or 4th choice there for a single place.

Ditto Axel - esp. as he needs game time. It seems his contract is up next year, but Man Utd have an option for a further year.

I think this intent signals departures, and with FFP - some one like El Ghazi leaving could be great. Say we get £15m, that probably puts us up £12m on FFP, given he joined for about £6.5m and on a 4-year deal would have depreciated to about £3 now.
Conor might be another £3-5m.

Every bit helps!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

I can see us looking to loan Tammy, with a view to a permanent move. That will get around FFP this summer, and Chelsea need to reduce their squad, and it seems is 3th or 4th choice there for a single place.

Ditto Axel - esp. as he needs game time. It seems his contract is up next year, but Man Utd have an option for a further year.

I think this intent signals departures, and with FFP - some one like El Ghazi leaving could be great. Say we get £15m, that probably puts us up £12m on FFP, given he joined for about £6.5m and on a 4-year deal would have depreciated to about £3 now.

Every bit helps!

Tammy would be an amazing upgrade and a strength increase in the CF area.

Just now, Pez1974 said:

Every bit helps!

We can do 2 domestic loans a season, so it's completely possible that deals for Tammy and Axel could be with the view to sign them next summer. I couldn't see us taking either on loan though if we couldn't sign them at the end of it. Also Axel only has 12 months left on his contract which muddies that a bit, but I'm sure they have an extension they can trigger.