Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

52 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

So, you have £135m to spend (ESR bid of £35m + £100m for Jack). 

How are you spending it?

30m on a DM.

35m on a LW.

35m on a CAM.

15m on a DC.

Save 20m for Jan or to add to next summers budget.

Obviously numbers are flexible, but as a baseline, they are the positions i would go for.

Prob is.....we have 2 weeks until the first game, my main worry is would the squad be demotivated if we sell jack and dont manage to get at least a couple of top kek players in before the first game.

Cantwell thing is because he's said he's going to leave on a free next summer. Opportunist move. He's alright, wouldn't want to pay much for him. And he appears to be a right tit.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if the talk of JWP being back on the agenda is true. Maybe we’ve said as part of the negotiations with Jack’s agent who also represents JWP that we expect him to get him to us if we let Jack go to Citeh … In the agents interests to.

Here’s a list of Jack’s agents other clients for reference… 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/icm-stellar-sports/beraterfirma/berater/190

Interesting that we’ve been linked to quite a few of those players in the past 

45 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Me too and feel like he's more direct, fans-off-their-seats than say McNeil. And more end product than Cantwell.

At 24 he's younger than i thought he was too with room to develop further

I think at times like these, people need to think carefully about what it is that makes football worth watching. There's a lot of stuff about 'projects' and 'ambitions' and 'five-year plans', but the bottom line is we have much less money than the top sides, don't qualify for Europe, and play in the most competitive league in the world. The chances are all of the projects will be incomplete, the ambitions unfulfilled, the plans unrealised. I don't think there's much point watching Aston Villa in the primary hope that somehow, one day, we might sneak into a European place as a result of a freak season.

A better reason to watch is to be entertained. And I think ASM would replace most of Grealish's entertainment value, even if not his quality or effectiveness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think at times like these, people need to think carefully about what it is that makes football worth watching. There's a lot of stuff about 'projects' and 'ambitions' and 'five-year plans', but the bottom line is we have much less money than the top sides, don't qualify for Europe, and play in the most competitive league in the world. The chances are all of the projects will be incomplete, the ambitions unfulfilled, the plans unrealised. I don't think there's much point watching Aston Villa in the primary hope that somehow, one day, we might sneak into a European place as a result of a freak season.

A better reason to watch is to be entertained. And I think ASM would replace most of Grealish's entertainment value, even if not his quality or effectiveness.

Shouldn't we at least try and find more players like Buendia who promise the possibility of both? 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not my job. We have scouts for that. I know I don't want made of glass Tuanzebe 

I wasn’t expecting you to literally name them. He’s just a hypothetical, I’m not wedded to the idea, but I love his potential. 

If Jack goes and we have £140m to spend can we please have Bailey £35m, Alvarez £20m and keep the rest towards a stadium revamp. 

Buendia, Alvarez and Bailey behind Watkins sounds pretty good to me. 

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

So, you have £135m to spend (ESR bid of £35m + £100m for Jack). 

How are you spending it?

I'd assume we had 100m this summer.

I wouldn't bother even trying to replace Jack with one player I would fill the squad out in a bid to replace what Jack offers and improve on what others offer to not only stop us moving backward but improve in all departments.

I will assume we will sign Bailey for 30m........

Out

El Ghazi 15m
Hourihane 3m
Nakamba 8m

Samatta 7m (Already gone)
Grealish 100m (In this scenario) 
Guilbert 4m

Engels 3m
Taylor 0m
Elmo 0m
Heaton 0m

Total - 140m

In

Tammy Abraham 30m - Chelsea CF

Leon Bailey 30m - Leverkusen WF

Emiliano Buendia 35m - Norwich WF
Giorgian de Arrascaeta 15m - Flamengo ACM/WF

Daichi Kamada 20m  - Frankfurt ACM
Teun Koopmeiners! 15m - Az Alkmaar DCM
Aurelien Tchouameni 30m - Monaco DCM
Nikola Milenkovic 20m - Fiorentina CB
Max Aarons 30m - Norwich RB
Ashley Young 0m - Inter Milan LB

Total 225m

Net 85m

I would also have anyone they deem to be good enough to be a backup keeper.

So 10 out (not including loans) and 10 in.

A left back aside I would consider that our entire squad filled out with quality for years to come and future windows would be for guaranteed first team starters with far fewer signings.

I think that would shit up the teams we are looking to over take seeing that happen.

Edited by paul514

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

I'd still quite like Pereira from Albion. I'm sure I mentioned him months ago, think he's a great player. 

Yes for what he would cost would be a great addition.

Not that I want to be talking about spending the Grealish cash (it’s not enough for him) but if it is indeed happening then I’d want us to make a real statement to the footballing world, the fans and the current and future squad with who we target (and get)

For me that would be 135M on

Nkunku, LW/AM 45M

Bailey RW 35M

Giving us a fluid front four of

Watkins

Nkunku       Buendia       Bailey     

Tchouameni DM 30M

Would leave us some spare and ideally I’d like a better CM and CB cover, perhaps a couple of loans here with an option to buy. 

• Like 1