Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

I know it’s Twitter but hey look a random player we’re linked to 🤷‍♂️

In a selfish way I hope this doesn’t happen, I bought 5000 shares at 4p in him on football index. Probably would’ve shot up by a quid if he moved to Europe, now that football index has gone bust it’s worthless 😔

Had a look to see who else was at flamengo to see who we could be watching at the same time, they've got an interesting mix of players who probably should have moved to Europe but haven't like Rodrigo Caio, Everton and then ex wonderkids who moved to Europe only to move back like barbosa, vitinho, gerson

Striker Lazaro is their current FM wonderkid 

Anyone seen anything of Thiago Maia when he was at lille? He was a another one who was great for a few years of FM, proper DMC

Also had a look to see what the update was on Kaio Jorge, still not signed a contract and it's now moved on to Santos wanting him to sign a new deal and them still sell him in the summer, it's looking like arsenal, lazio and leverkusen are in for him... Chuck our hat in to that race

Can't say I know much about him but I fully approve of a deal for him :D 

Generally like Uruguayan players. Tiny nation who always produce tons of quality players and they all seem to have that drive to win and terrific attitude (even thou some of them act like bell ends on the pitch). 

They are a bit like Iceland although of course infinitely better.

Really impressive stats from Flamengo, maybe we can do a double whammy and get Gabriel Barbosa at the same time. Give Wesley a season there to get his fitness back and some game time.

I f not maybe he can get his compatriots Valverde and Bentancur to join, should only be about £150m-£200m :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Can't say I know much about him but I fully approve of a deal for him :D 

Generally like Uruguayan players. Tiny nation who always produce tons of quality players and they all seem to have that drive to win and terrific attitude (even thou some of them act like bell ends on the pitch). 

They are a bit like Iceland although of course infinitely better.

Really impressive stats from Flamengo, maybe we can do a double whammy and get Gabriel Barbosa at the same time. Give Wesley a season there to get his fitness back and some game time.

I f not maybe he can his compatriots Valverde and Bentancur to join, should only be about #150m-£200m :D 

Yes their mentality is brilliant. However I think we could do with a bellend on the pitch. A spiky player or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

As for Barbosa isn't he bit old now and missing a leg??? Plus he might not be jack's cup of tea.

Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF by memecandy

I assume you meant Captain Jack the interviewer 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Had a look to see who else was at flamengo to see who we could be watching at the same time, they've got an interesting mix of players who probably should have moved to Europe but haven't like Rodrigo Caio, Everton and then ex wonderkids who moved to Europe only to move back like barbosa, vitinho, gerson

Striker Lazaro is their current FM wonderkid 

Anyone seen anything of Thiago Maia when he was at lille? He was a another one who was great for a few years of FM, proper DMC

Also had a look to see what the update was on Kaio Jorge, still not signed a contract and it's now moved on to Santos wanting him to sign a new deal and them still sell him in the summer, it's looking like arsenal, lazio and leverkusen are in for him... Chuck our hat in to that race

Flamengo have a lot of money for a South American team so can afford players not leaving. Gerson was a big money signing for them

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Flamengo have a lot of money for a South American team so can afford players not leaving. Gerson was a big money signing for them

No idea if it has but Covid might have changed that?

55 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

A winger and a midfielder are essentials. Anything else a bonus. Spend big on two players

I’d say one way or another it’s also close to essential that Taylor and Elmo are not our backup full backs next season. Imagine if Targett had had a couple of months out rather than just missing 15 minutes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’d say one way or another it’s also close to essential that Taylor and Elmo are not our backup full backs next season. Imagine if Targett had had a couple of months out rather than just missing 15 minutes.

Yep agree with you, just think the larger proportion of the money we do have should got to cm and winger 

54 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I can't see a scenario where Kesler isn't one of the two backup fullbacks next season. 

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I can't see a scenario where Kesler isn't one of the two backup fullbacks next season. 

I think Guilbert will be back up. He can play both sides so will mean we don’t need to buy two new full backs.

• Like 1

I think firstly you have to prioritise what is missing from our starting 11 when everyone is fit.

IMO that is a proper out and out defensive midfielder who can tackle well, an win aerial duals and 50/50s and as we lack height all over the pitch it makes sense to go for someone big and physical.

If Grealish is going to play LM and we aren't signing Barkley, then we need someone to play that central attacking midfield role. Obviously it could be Sanson plays that role, but it doesn't feel like he is that type of player from what we've seen so far.

But we do need another versatile winger.

Then we need another striker who can challenge Ollie for the lone role, allow us to play 442 and have an impact off the bench.

If Guilbert is sold then we need a left back and a right back for cover.

If Engels is sold, we need centre back cover.

We have to get away from being 'two injuries' away from relegation form.

I notice both FA cup finalist have gone with 3 at the back today. With Target and Cash both having great delivery it’s something I think I’d like us to try.

Emi

Konsa.    New.     Mings

Cash       New.   McGinn.    Targett    

Grealish    

Watkins.     Tammy

Edited by av1
With Tammy not even in the squad today thought I’d be cheeky and put him in my 11

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I think Guilbert will be back up. He can play both sides so will mean we don’t need to buy two new full backs.

Yeah we need Guilbert, if Cash continues to pick up injuries too. He’s a more than adequate replacement and has been doing well out on loan, will be glad to have him back.

For once, we don’t need to sign another flipping RB!!! 😆

32 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Heaton and Kalinic leave, does anyone think we’ll sign another GK? Or have we got enough cover with Steer and the youth keepers?

I think we’ll be ok for now, can reassess in Jan. Steer is a fine backup if he has overcome his injury issues.

We can’t afford to spend in every/most departments- it’s impossible to have the perfect window.

I believe and hope that we will spend the bulk of our budget on the attacking positions and a CM/DM. We need a young backup LB too but need not spend heavily there.

Don’t need a RB, don’t really need a CB unless we move Engels on. There are things we can review later imo. We have to take into account the size of the squad too and move some guys on if we can.

• Like 3