Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Yari Verschaeren at Anderlecht is in his last year of contract. I wouldn’t mind buying him now for a reasonable fee and sending him back on loan for a season. Very talented player.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Thats where the infrastructure comes in to play, I agree we probably don't have that pulling power (although big club and stuff like that is a myth, it's all about the £) 

The scouts need to unearth gems, purslow needs to do deals that no one else thought was possible 

I'd love at least 1 signing this summer where fans of Everton, arsenal, Leicester etc take one look at it and say we should have done that, it's not about having more pull than them it's about being where they're not 

That imo is what Leicester have done incredibly well for a while now 

And that's why I don't want us just going after Abraham or Sarr or ASM

England has got to a point where buying domestically is nearly impossible.

Abraham and ASM combined would probably cost 100 million and there's no reason to believe their aren't better players further afield, but in threads like these you're always going to name drop the players you see as opposed to some 22 year old tearing up the Bundesliga.

Do you think you need another winger? Has the Traore thing not worked out? In the limited time I've watched him I couldn't tell if he's world class or barely a footballer. He floats between the two everytime he touches the ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Wouldn't say no if the offer was more than what we paid for him, if it's around the same you may as well keep him on and see if he can be better than this season.

His stats are of 10-15m player no problem. Just people will quote the wild shooting from yesterday and other games in last few months where he's been anonymous but Traore had plenty of games I bet for Lyon similar and yet we paid 16m for him last summer.

Ultimately he's mid 20s and I doubt he'll be on huge wages so he'll be of significant interest to mid range european clubs. Just depends what we do with him as the Trez injury has complicated things a bit.

Can keep AEG for another year but his value simply won't be as high next summer as he won't get similar amount of minutes next season to nearly get double figures in premier league.

9 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

England has got to a point where buying domestically is nearly impossible.

Abraham and ASM combined would probably cost 100 million and there's no reason to believe their aren't better players further afield, but in threads like these you're always going to name drop the players you see as opposed to some 22 year old tearing up the Bundesliga.

Do you think you need another winger? Has the Traore thing not worked out? In the limited time I've watched him I couldn't tell if he's world class or barely a footballer. He floats between the two everytime he touches the ball.

It's more a case of having Trezeguet and El Ghazi starting for much of the season. You've probably seen them when we've played you and think El Ghazi in particular is pretty good with way he took goal yet we need an upgrade there.

Same with how we all think on here Jack Harrison is an amazing player yet you were saying the other week he's not that good and you also have likes of Alioski, Tyler Roberts and Helder Costa for wide options but one is leaving and the other two aren't good enough to be premier league strikers so really same situation and trying to keep hold of Raphinna on the other side as they'll be big interest in him before too long.

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We have TOO many inconsistent players.

Too many 7/8/9 on their day , but 3/4/5 majority of the time.

It brings the whole team down.

Typical McGinn was having what seemed like his best game in a while today and everything around him seemed crap.

It's not exciting, but a couple of Solid and consistent 7 rated players would probably improve us alot.

So when the inconsistent potential 8's and 9's turn it on, we could be really good. However when they are at 3/4, it would be less crap for the overall team.

Players as consistent as Matt has been this season for example.

First half of the season i think we were a team of the most consistent individuals in the league. We were up on Whoscored as the top 3 average score in Europe per player.  Apart from Leeds we were well in every single game right to the end . Then we had the covid break and after that it has been the opposite. Whether teams worked us out or whether covid did effect perfomances it is hard to say , but it does bode well for next season 

• Like 4

We have to be sure of what attributes the team is lacking and find players to help us with those shortfalls.

Midfield is a prime area for reform, for me......We lack players, who can stay on the ball and not lose it with the minimal amount of challenge.....We need at least one with aerial prowess, who can support the centre backs at set pieces and protect them from aerial bombardment, should it come.from the Burnleys or West Hams.

Its no good just finding names at random, we have to find players who can add to our game and bring something to the table.....We have the recruitment enhanced now, its their job to find effective players for us.

bringing in players, who stay on the ball like Jack does is Paramount for me, they might not be as good, but we lose the ball far too easily and the first touch is suspect at times......it is stopping us progressing to the next level.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Keep seeing links to Anguissa - prob the same old online bs n made up rumours though, really not looking forward to all the fake itk crap again.

Is he really that good?

And would he be a major upgrade or level above our present midfielders?

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I know it’s Twitter but hey look a random player we’re linked to 🤷‍♂️

That's the type of wacky link that normally turns out true. However 26 never played in a proper league and the guy didn't even spell his name right so gonna guess its bull. 

He’s an interesting player...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/worldfootballindex.com/2020/11/the-de-arrascaeta-conundrum-will-the-uruguayan-magician-ever-move-to-europe/amp/

Fresh off the back of a historic league and Libertadores double with Flamengo, Giorgian De Arrascaeta was awarded the Charrua de Oro, given to the best Uruguayan sportsperson of the year.

The 26-year-old playmaker has been one of the best players on the continent for some time and the recognition of a fantastic 2019/20 was richly deserved.

Blessed with excellent technique and vision, De Arrascaeta followed up his international exploits with club side Defensor Sporting as they reached the semi-finals of the 2014 Copa Libertadores. Dazzling displays against Cruzeiro in the group stage were enough to persuade the Brazilian giants to bring him to Belo Horizonte the following year for €4mil.

De Arrascaeta quickly became a fan favourite with his mix of skill, invention and goal threat from midfield.

Alongside the likes of Robinho and Thiago Neves, the Uruguayan helped a Raposa to Copa do Brasil glory in 2017 and 2018, as well as picking up the 2018 Campeonato Mineiro.

By now an established name in South America and with Russia 2018 threatening to propel his profile to the next level, De Arrascaeta looked to have the world at his feet.

Seemingly destined for a move to Europe, the Uruguayan instead ended up at the heavily bankrolled Flamengo for a Brazilian record of R$63m (€15m) in January 2019.

While the move left some scratching their heads at a perceived side-step, Flamengo were building an exciting project with the likes of Gabigol, Bruno Henrique and Rodrigo Caio also joining the Rubro-Negro.

Flamengo duly romped to an impressive double and De Arrascaeta, with 13 goals and 14 assists in 23 league games, seemed to have justified his decision.

How has such a phenomenally gifted player not made the move to Europe yet? And why has he yet to truly establish himself as a cornerstone of the national team?

2018 seemed to be the perfect moment to make the switch but a combination of Cruzeiro holding out for over €20mil and a total of 86 minutes across two games at the World Cup dissuaded anyone from across the Atlantic from taking a punt on him.

Their loss has been Flamengo’s gain and, after a slight wobble under new boss Domenec Torrent, the Mengão are once again challenging for the Brasileirão title. De Arrascaeta has been one of the best players in the league again, as displayed by his WhoScored rating of 7.44 being the third-best in the division.

De Arrascaeta, now 26, seems settled in Brazil at one of the best supported — and best paying — clubs on the continent.

Furthermore, given his age and the reported €25m fee it would take him to prise him away from Flamengo, it could be that no club is willing to splash out on his signature, especially given the current Covid-19 situation affecting finances.

De Arrascaeta now finds himself at a crossroads in his career.

Can he be the missing link for Uruguay’s new generation that provides the link between defence and attack? Will he be another talismanic playmaker — like Luan or Juan Fernando Quintero — who remains an exotic ‘what-could-have-been’ for European fans? Or will he make a belated move across the pond to dazzle and wow a whole new fanbase?

Only time will tell but regardless of which path he takes, De Arrascaeta will continue to be one of the most watchable players and fascinating storylines in South American football.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I know it’s Twitter but hey look a random player we’re linked to 🤷‍♂️

Well any media is better than UK media when it comes to the transfer windows.