Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I was just looking at the squad. With Heaton, Elmo and Taylor all expected to leave this summer we won't have a single player over 30 years old. The oldest player will be Emi at 28.

Do we need some more experience? 

Na, we have enough experience in the squad now, plenty of players have had enough time in the league. We have experience and nous in the coaching team too.

I think the fact that we have the youngest squad in the league is a source of pride, we just need to add quality. We can build a formidable side that will progress and go from success to success over the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'd love at least 1 signing this summer where fans of Everton, arsenal, Leicester etc take one look at it and say we should have done that, it's not about having more pull than them it's about being where they're not 

We managed that with Martinez, signing of the season and I’m sure other teams have been envious of that move. Arsenal are still regretting it.

I think the same applies, less so, in the case of Watkins and maybe even Cash.

Really looking forward to this window now...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One of Everton, Spurs, Arsenal will be finishing 7th this season. The other two will be finishing 8th and 9th. Everton have woeful home form for last 5 months and well need I say more about Spurs form since mid December and Arsenal for vast majority of the season.

We actually don't need to have perfect transfer window to be seriously in contention for those positions next year imo, just find those attackers who can get us an extra 5-8 points and we'll be up there (as long as our defence just dosen't collapse)

It's 6th upwards that is much harder to break into.

It would be hilarious if the least " Super " of the " Super League " teams, were to miss out on Europe altogether. F8ck you Levy. lol

Note: Keep in mind that those teams will try to improve in the window as well, they won't all necessarily stay shite so I don't think it's that simple.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It would be hilarious if the least " Super " of the " Super League " teams, were to miss out on Europe altogether. F8ck you Levy. lol

Note: Keep in mind that those teams will try to improve in the window as well, they won't all necessarily stay shite so I don't think it's that simple.

Spurs need to be the debutant English representative in the europa conference league, it's made for them and their next five years.

I think they'll be in general transition next few years given the profile of coach they'll get in and likes of Kane leaving so big chance for us to finish above them for first time since 2009.

Arsenal will probably sack Arteta at some point next season so will be a bit of turmoil there once fans are back.

Everton nothing special as we've seen in last two weeks.

I think we can have a good go if we get the two big attacking signings right and have a bit more depth elsewhere. Also no way West Ham are finishing top 6 next season playing Thursday-Sunday regularly so we can challenge them aswell (dosen't mean I think we'll finish above all of them).

60 points should be the target for next season so that usually puts you at least 8th.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs need to be the debutant English representative in the europa conference league, it's made for them and their next five years.

I think they'll be in general transition next few years given the profile of coach they'll get in and likes of Kane leaving so big chance for us to finish above them for first time since 2009.

Arsenal will probably sack Arteta at some point next season so will be a bit of turmoil there once fans are back.

Everton nothing special as we've seen in last two weeks.

I think we can have a good go if we get the two big attacking signings right and have a bit more depth elsewhere. Also no way West Ham are finishing top 6 next season playing Thursday-Sunday regularly so we can challenge them aswell (dosen't mean I think we'll finish above all of them).

60 points should be the target for next season so that usually puts you at least 8th.

I hope this is the start of a Spurs implosion, only because of their owner.

West Ham will definitely improve over the summer, though.

• Like 1

Anyone seen this?

Report: Quick defender is now a summer target for Tottenham Hotspur (hitc.com)

Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Newcastle United are interested in signing Abdul Mumin from Vitoria in the summer transfer window, according to The Sun.

It has been reported that the 22-year-old central defender would cost £15 million.

Tottenham, Villa and Newcastle all have shown an interest in the youngster, according to the report.

“He is quick, dominant in the air and has impressed technically for the Guimaraes-based club in northern Portugal,” states the report in The Sun about Mumin.

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I know it’s kind of dreamland but I was just thinking...

Lazio have been interested in Wesley for a long while... back when we signed him, and that interest has remained.... they were still reported or rumoured to be interested while he was injured.

Could we possibly do a part ex deal for Milinkovic-Savic? Maybe £40-50m + Wesley?

Could pick up an exciting young striker or a quality WF who can cover at CF too to fill that gap in the squad.

The main difficulty would be in attracting him here, over other clubs, but I just wonder if we could sell a player like that our vision/project/ambitions etc. 

We’d also probably need to bring in one or two signings of similar calibre to convince them to join.

Highly unlikely but maybe not impossible, it’s the kind of move that can bring a club to the “next level” a la Man City during the Mancini era.

It’s sensible to be a bit prudent but it’s also worth splashing out on someone who could be the ideal or perfect signing for us...

Realistically, I expect us to continue with our existing approach but it’s fun to speculate and dream big 🤣

Lazio would be happy with likes of Nakamba and El Ghazi tbh, sort of players theyt like to pick up in mid 20s and in more attacking team tend to prosper. Lucas Levia (ex Liverpool) and Felipe Caciedo (briefly Man. City) are fairly regular starters for them.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lazio would be happy with likes of Nakamba and El Ghazi tbh, sort of players theyt like to pick up in mid 20s and in more attacking team tend to prosper. Lucas Levia (ex Liverpool) and Felipe Caciedo (briefly Man. City) are fairly regular starters for them.

Neither would get near the Lazio team, Nakamba isnt technical enough for the style of play and Lazio dont play wingers so Anwar wouldn't get game time

Only Villa reserve they might take is Engels 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Neither would get near the Lazio team, Nakamba isnt technical enough for the style of play and Lazio dont play wingers so Anwar wouldn't get game time

Only Villa reserve they might take is Engels 

I don't know, I think Nakamba would be o.k in Serie A for someone. Little bit slower paced and I think part of problem with him for us is he gets bypassed too easily in quick transitions.

Think quite a few mid range european teams will be looking at El Ghazi if we don't offer him a new deal.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't know, I think Nakamba would be o.k in Serie A for someone. Little bit slower paced and I think part of problem with him for us is he gets bypassed too easily in quick transitions.

Think quite a few mid range european teams will be looking at El Ghazi if we don't offer him a new deal.

Serie A is a lot more technical now and I think he would struggle unless he went to a more defensive relegation threatened team.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Jeff Goldblum Wow GIF

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't say no if the offer was more than what we paid for him, if it's around the same you may as well keep him on and see if he can be better than this season.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Thats where the infrastructure comes in to play, I agree we probably don't have that pulling power (although big club and stuff like that is a myth, it's all about the £) 

The scouts need to unearth gems, purslow needs to do deals that no one else thought was possible 

I'd love at least 1 signing this summer where fans of Everton, arsenal, Leicester etc take one look at it and say we should have done that, it's not about having more pull than them it's about being where they're not 

That imo is what Leicester have done incredibly well for a while now 

And that's why I don't want us just going after Abraham or Sarr or ASM

We need to go after a 10/10, someone who is out of our league. Preferably multiple. Leicester did that with Tielemans and it has worked out brilliantly for them.

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN Vitoria? Isn't that the team Nassef Sawiris was linked with purchasing?

Don’t know if the purchase happened. 

Edit: but Bruno Lage was appointed there last October. 

Edited by Awol
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Thats where the infrastructure comes in to play, I agree we probably don't have that pulling power (although big club and stuff like that is a myth, it's all about the £) 

The scouts need to unearth gems, purslow needs to do deals that no one else thought was possible 

That imo is what Leicester have done incredibly well for a while now 

And that's why I don't want us just going after Abraham or Sarr or ASM

I read fan forums after matches and there are two names that pop up from last summer's signings which is Martinez and Watkins. Many of those clubs fans wished they had done something similar in signing those type of players. They knew without a doubt most games that that's the type of signings that not only beinifted them but made better without a doubt and that's exactly what Watkins and Martinez have done for us. I'd also say cash is another who has without a doubt owned that right back position and apart from the odd cock up, has played very brilliantly for us most games.

Here is hoping we have more players to bring in who can knock the socks off of it and we have another successful window.