Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I bet the sky presenters are tuggin each other off with all this activity, normally bugger all happening last few hours.

Looking at our injuries, with one eye on what's happening in the market, I would be surprised if we do not get in another body. Add the uncertainty of players missing games becasue of covid and it makes sense to strengthen.

I'm sure Allegri said a couple of days ago that McKennie was staying. Now we are believing a random 'source' quoted by a tabloid TV channel?

I'd be surprised if there is anything in it 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I still think we are saving for the buy out clause for JWP next season. Can't think of any other reason we wouldn't improve the midfield, while signing a million more attackers.

Lump a wedge on if that's what you believe.

Can't see it myself. £40-45m early in the window may just have moved him. But that moment has gone now (IMO)

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just say you want Jack Grealish back, otherwise there is no logic to the rest of the post.

That whole post translates to, " we've got better players all over the pitch now, but they are not Jack Grealish. " lol

Eh, it really doesn't. I'm literally trying to say the opposite - I don't think we have better players all over the pitch. Our squad depth is better (e.g. if Targett, Mings or Watkins got injured/lost form, we now have better replacements) but I don't think we have a better first XI than last season. That's just my opinion. Our first choice back 5 is the same 5 players, our midfield three were all here last season and (in my opinion) our first choice front 3 is worse.

Really don't get why I need to "say I want Grealish back" for my post to make sense. Obviously I'd like our best player back. 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Firstly, you've never seen Bailey play so you cannot judge how far a 'step down' we have made at LW. 

Secondly, if you see Buendia as a direct replacement for Barkley (personally I think J Ramsey has stepped into that role) then Buendia is a massive upgrade on Ross. 

Thirdly, you do the club a huge disservice by referring to Danny Ings (currently on 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games) as squad depth. 

Clearly some would have liked to have seen 1 or 2 more statement signings to really go for it, but what you've written above is such a one sided its like watching Man City vs Arsenal the other day. 

I have seen Bailey play, thanks. He's a massive step down on Jack Grealish. Which is fine, most players are. I'm still excited by the signing. Realistically, City signed one for £100m and we signed the other for less than a third of that.

I'm talking about improving vs. last season. Ramsey was starting most of the end of last season, with Barkley on the bench anyway. Sure, there might be some natural progression in Ramsey's game. I hope there is. He played the best I've seen him play vs. Newcastle, so fingers crossed for him. 

I guess we'll see how much Ings and Watkins play together. I agree Ings has started well. If Ings starts ahead of Watkins/or they end up forming a productive partnership - I'd agree, that's not a squad depth signing. We'll see what happens when Watkins returns. 

Not sure how stating I don't think we will improve on last year's performance based on our current activity equates to a 5-0 defeat, but ok. I'm hardly saying I think we'll struggle or be relegated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I bet the sky presenters are tuggin each other off with all this activity, normally bugger all happening last few hours.

Looking at our injuries, with one eye on what's happening in the market, I would be surprised if we do not get in another body. Add the uncertainty of players missing games becasue of covid and it makes sense to strengthen.

Prepared to be surprised.

Just now, Indigo said:

People talking about a meltdown here if we signed Bissouma, will be nothing compared to the nuclear reaction if Kamara and McKennie go to Newcastle and Burnley.😂

If this was to happen bearing in mind we are lacking a proper DM villa recruitment needs a head wobble.

A loan deal is zero risk and far cheaper.

But business we have done should keep us up for another season so I'm happy overall.