Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

McKennie has now had a taste of the elite level competitions at one of the worlds successful & biggest clubs. I cannot see him being easily convinced to drop to down our current level, so obviously our (theoretical) chances of signing depends on who else is in for him. Dortmund or Bayern possible interest shouldn’t be discounted   Leipzig to replace Sabitzer ? Champs league clubs will be after him so however much I want us to sign him - finally!  I’m not overly optimistic of our chances and think it will go to deadline day if so. 

Agree he will want CL football. I’ve said it before but I don’t really get why players are so obsessed about CL football. The PL is a far better competition and you are playing against better teams week in week out. The CL is boring until the QF stage and even then you get teams who would struggle to finish top 6 in the PL.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

McKennie:

From an Italian site - calciomercato.com:

They suggest Tottenham have Ndombele, who would deter a move, but Spurs want a swap deal.

“However, it is a cash-only offer that is teasing the Juventus management: it comes from Aston Villa, a club that certainly does not lack money after the sale of Jack Grealish and which in recent weeks had also made some reasoning precisely about Ramsey. But McKennie is now the goal of Aston Villa, already rejected by the American a year ago when he then accepted the Juve court without thinking twice.”

https://amp.calciomercato.com/news/allegri-boccia-mckennie-la-juve-lo-spinge-via-l-offerta-arriva-d-37114?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

McKennie has now had a taste of the elite level competitions at one of the worlds successful & biggest clubs. I cannot see him being easily convinced to drop to down our current level, so obviously our (theoretical) chances of signing depends on who else is in for him. Dortmund or Bayern possible interest shouldn’t be discounted   Leipzig to replace Sabitzer ? Champs league clubs will be after him so however much I want us to sign him - finally!  I’m not overly optimistic of our chances and think it will go to deadline day if so. 

The PL is big pull for players, more so than Germany. Also, Jack leaving for 100m to City will have also upped our profile. Players will see that we can be a potential stepping stone to the absolute highest level in world football

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

McKennie and Delaney would certainly make us tougher in the middle of the pitch..

I think there is about as much chance of signing Ronaldo as signed the two of them. Happy to be proven wrong. I would be happy with either of them but much happier with McKennie

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Just pay it! £12 for Doucoure and £35 for Mckennie. There. Our midfield is set. 

He doesn't seem to like when opposition has the ball, at all. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Just pay it! £12 for Doucoure and £35 for Mckennie. There. Our midfield is set. 

BARGAINS!! 😆

12 & 35 m would be great but…

What do we do with our current midfielders? Even if we sold Nakamba & Hourihane… there doesn’t really seem to be room for more than one extra player there…

Competition and improvement is great but we also have to manage squad size and our wage budget…

I don’t know if we would have room for both McKennie & Doucoure… but I am all for improving on our current players too…

McGinn, Luiz & Sanson (needs to be given a chance) with Ramsey showing his worth too…that’s 4 first team players in contention for the midfield spots & I think Dean values and rates all of them highly… there is room for a DM and an upgrade on Nakamba…

Another player of a different type, a DM like Doucoure, would be so welcome and required. But do we have room for more? Can McKennie do the DM role? I don’t think we could/would sign both but who knows?… 

We have plenty of box to box midfielders as it is… plus a pathway is needed for the likes of Carney & Aaron…

It’s a tricky one… it’s not easy to keep players happy and settled either… but I also want us to become a better and more formidable team…

Depending on our ambitions, we will eventually have to upgrade on certain players, possibly the likes of McGinn, if we want to reach that next level or two… but it has to be planned out and at the right time… not the easiest of tasks…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

BARGAINS!! 😆

12 & 35 m would be great but…

What do we do with our current midfielders? Even if we sold Nakamba & Hourihane… there doesn’t really seem to be room for more than one extra player there…

Competition and improvement is great but we also have to manage squad size and our wage budget…

I don’t know if we would have room for both McKennie & Doucoure… but I am all for improving on our current players too…

McGinn, Luiz & Sanson (needs to be given a chance) with Ramsey showing his worth too…that’s 4 first team players in contention for the midfield spots & I think Dean values and rates all of them highly… there is room for a DM and an upgrade on Nakamba…

Another player of a different type, a DM like Doucoure, would be so welcome and required. But do we have room for more? Can McKennie do the DM role? I don’t think we could/would sign both but who knows?… 

We have plenty of box to box midfielders as it is… plus a pathway is needed for the likes of Carney & Aaron…

It’s a tricky one… it’s not easy to keep players happy and settled either… but I also want us to become a better and more formidable team…

Depending on our ambitions, we will eventually have to upgrade on certain players, possibly the likes of McGinn, if we want to reach that next level or two… but it has to be planned out and at the right time… not the easiest of tasks…

I have a feeling it would be one or the other to be fair.

McKennie first choice ( Less likely ) and Doucoure second?

It could just as well be bollox, and neither. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a feeling it would be one or the other to be fair.

McKennie first choice ( Less likely ) and Doucoure second?

It could just as well be bollox, and neither. lol

That would be fine by me… either player would be welcome for different reasons…

I don’t see McKennie as a DM, Doucoure totally is, but maybe Dean would prefer to play without such a player and has huge faith in Luiz…

My personal wish list would be Kamara & Kamada. Don’t think that’s going to happen 😆 

I’ve also given up on the dream of De Arrascaeta 😭 and probably Alvarez now too ☹️