Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

If jack does go, what about a double transfer move for Abraham and Hudson-Odoi?  £75m for the pair would be good business.   Bring in Baily and JWP as well and I would be pretty excited going into the season.

****, no.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We really don’t, Jack is a human male not a god, improving upon his output over several players isn’t hard for where we are at the moment.

if we were losing jack as a big 6 team he would be far harder to replace.

OK, we'll have to disagree on this. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

OK, we'll have to disagree on this. 

Which part do you disagree with? 

Do you not think he is human?
Do you not think jack's output can't be replicated through improving the output of other parts of the team with new players?
Do you think he wouldn't be harder to replace for a top 6 team? (where the rest of the teams players are better than ours already and therefore 'special players' are the difference)

Haha.  Fair play, I've been laying into El Ghazi but that's a great cross (even if his heavy touch actually probably took the ball out) 

15 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

If jack does go, what about a double transfer move for Abraham and Hudson-Odoi?  £75m for the pair would be good business.   Bring in Baily and JWP as well and I would be pretty excited going into the season.

Hudson-Odoi won't joining us, he's on either £120,000 or £180,000 a week depending on which reports you read around the time he signed his new contract. 

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Which part do you disagree with? 

Do you not think he is human?
Do you not think jack's output can't be replicated through improving the output of other parts of the team with new players?
Do you think he wouldn't be harder to replace for a top 6 team? (where the rest of the teams players are better than ours already and therefore 'special players' are the difference)

You're forgetting his leadership, his talismanic qualities, his mentality, he raises the standards of those around him. With the additions to our squad including him we go up a level again.

That doesn't come cheap. Koopmeiners? He couldn't even get into a poor Dutch starting line up.

We can sign 4/5 good players but they won't replace what Jack gives us it's not just about output and numbers.

For comparison look at what Fernandes has done for Manure. He has excellent numbers but his mentality and standards has raised Manure.

11 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Hudson-Odoi won't joining us, he's on either £120,000 or £180,000 a week depending on which reports you read around the time he signed his new contract. 

Yeah probably the main reason he has not moved despite being surplus to requirements.  Would need to do a deal on the wages as well maybe capping at £100k with Chelsea paying the rest but his attacking output is not far off Jacks and he is still only 20 plus he can play on both wings.

5 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Some people are completely deluded, who are we going to sign Messi 🤣

What?

I'm deluded because I don't want to spend 75% of the Jack money on

- A CAM who barely plays and earns similar to Jack money. Has never lived up to his potential and isnt on any sort of upward trajectory

- a backup striker.

I'm not deluded I just think that neither of those improves our XI and wastes a shit tonne of the money we get for Jack and need to use to improve our XI.

Some people are deluded that because a player wears a jersey from the Big 6 that they're suddenly worth their weight in gold.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

So that’s the choice then, Messi or about 500k wages and 75m on players who wouldn’t start?

CHO would not start?  He averaged 5 shot creating actions per game last season El Ghazi was about 2.5/ Trez was 2.  He would be a big improvement on what we have and is available.

Tammy would be a great rotation option with Ollie playing in the LF position sometimes, he is a very good player, and is available.  

Edited by MJ_1874

I’d rather sign Eduoard than Abraham especially as we’d probably get him for half the price.

One thing’s for sure, going into the new season with Davis and Wesley as back up strikers is not the kind of thing that would convince a world class player to sign a new contract.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

What?

I'm deluded because I don't want to spend 75% of the Jack money on

- A CAM who barely plays and earns similar to Jack money. Has never lived up to his potential and isnt on any sort of upward trajectory

- a backup striker.

I'm not deluded I just think that neither of those improves our XI and wastes a shit tonne of the money we get for Jack and need to use to improve our XI.

Some people are deluded that because a player wears a jersey from the Big 6 that they're suddenly worth their weight in gold.

Mate you are clueless.  CHO is 20 ' not lived up to the hype' 😂

Edited by MJ_1874

2 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

CHD would not start?  He averaged 5 shot creating actions per game last season El Ghazi was about 2.5/ Trez was 2.  He would be a big improvement on what we have and is available.

Tammy would be a great rotation option with Ollie playing in the LF position sometimes, he is a very good player, and is available.  

If we sign Leon Bailey, no. I’ll give you one thing, it’s definitely a less silly shout than Tammy.

We will never play 4-4-2 consistently and he will never play as a left winger. He also wouldn’t go to a club as rotation.

It’s CHO by the way, unless this Callum Hudson-Doi is a better player?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1