Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Surely we are in for a Number 6, right? 

i hope so!

we have strengthened up top with 2 players (inc. 1 who can play nearly anywhere), so i would hope if we had one large investment left to make, it would be at no.6!

although tbh, i would ideally like a no.6 and another winger/CAM........

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i hope so!

we have strengthened up top with 2 players (inc. 1 who can play nearly anywhere), so i would hope if we had one large investment left to make, it would be at no.6!

although tbh, i would ideally like a no.6 and another winger/CAM........

Young was a utility signing. I said I hoped for 3 starters at the beginning of the window - DCM, AMC, AMR - and we have signed one of them so far - Buendia. Two big signings to come I feel. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah couldn’t figure whether it was Lukaku or Lautaro Martinez he would help settle in.  Thanks for confirming.

Barella is the one we should be going after 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

We are seeing a power shift from North London to the Midlands. 

North London, i dont think Arse or Spuds have been nearly a force for 15 and 60 years 😂

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Aside from massive clubs willing to offer him a deal, the club he came through at is apparently offering a crazy 5 year deal.

There is a difference between getting a back up player who can cover a bunch of positions well for a couple of million for a 1 year deal and signing a player for 15m a year who is demanding a few years to sign. Nope, nada, no way.

He said he isnt going to Sevilla

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

They're being bellends because of the idiotic decision they made when they signed him. A 50% sell-on clause for PSG is madness.

Before covid they were looking for 30 million so probably seemed a good deal at the time 

10 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Daka and Soumare, you guys are really doing some brilliant deals, likewise over the last years. Can't remember a signing you failed with over the last years, some have been absolutely super signings. What's the secret?

Oh we have definitely had some absolute stinkers, Perez in 2019 for £30m was pretty shocking, the whole mess with Adrien Silva being late registered and cost £22m, Musa for £17m, Slimani (although not completely bad) for £28m

So we do buy the occasional bad player, but it does tend to be when we go out of our zone away from young players

Edited by Fox1884

Celtic apparently want £25m for Edouard - no wonder we moved onto Daka - and now he is considering staying for the final year and leaving on a free next summer

We can have a fight for him next summer on a free 😂

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/odsonne-edouard-considering-celtic-stay-24345715

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Oh we have definitely had some absolute stinkers, Perez in 2019 for £30m was pretty shocking, the whole mess with Adrien Silva being late registered and cost £22m, Musa for £17m, Slimani (although not completely bad) for £28m

So we do buy the occasional bad player, but it does tend to be when we go out of our zone away from young players

Kramaric as well i thought would have been a good signing 

19 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Celtic apparently want £25m for Edouard - no wonder we moved onto Daka - and now he is considering staying for the final year and leaving on a free next summer

We can have a fight for him next summer on a free 😂

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/odsonne-edouard-considering-celtic-stay-24345715

Have Celtic lost their marbles? If he leaves it'll be on transfer deadline day when they panic. Surely they'd be better off cashing in 15-20m than 1 extra year of service 

Any idea how much you've bid for Daka? 

Edited by Lord Willard

15 minutes ago, string28 said:

I would think if rogers wants him he would get him just before the window closes.

Plus what about arsenal wanting Maddison for 60 million lol would of thought it be more like 90 or 100? 

Yep, they’ll panic at the end of the window. I hope Rangers get him for 10m on deadline day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Have Celtic lost their marbles? If he leaves it'll be on transfer deadline day when they panic. Surely they'd be better off cashing in 15-20m than 1 extra year of service 

Any idea how much you've bid for Daka? 

23 million apparently, a lot for an Austrian league player. His league record is crazy but his European record isnt so impressive 

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Young was a utility signing. I said I hoped for 3 starters at the beginning of the window - DCM, AMC, AMR - and we have signed one of them so far - Buendia. Two big signings to come I feel. 

Agreed, do you think Arsenal would mind if we approached Maddison? 😉

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

23 million apparently, a lot for an Austrian league player. His league record is crazy but his European record isnt so impressive 

I mean we paid that 3 summers ago for Wesley. Daka looks more impressive and more potential. 

• Like 2

If we're in for a few short term (1 or 2 years max) veteran signings this summer, it simply means they are placeholders for the youth players who are a year or two off being ready for the rigours of the Prem. It's a good investment.

7 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Agreed, do you think Arsenal would mind if we approached Maddison? 😉

I’d actually prefer them to take Maddison and us get ESR. 

Something about Maddison puts me off, even though I think he’s a very good player. Probably a bit irrational tbf. 

ESR would be my favourite signing of the summer if it happens. He moves like Grealish with the ball. Imagine having him, Jack and Buendia in the side. Filth. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I mean we paid that 3 summers ago for Wesley. Daka looks more impressive and more potential. 

Maybe but i would say Belgium league is stronger than Austrian, Wesley had a better record in Europe 

English teams put 21 past Austrian teams in last 6 games in Europe with Jose Spurs getting 14 of them without playing Kane

• Like 1