Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

McNeil rumours seem to be gathering pace

I'm not a social media type but do find these kind of rumours exciting so can you post some of these rumours for me please JV? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I do think we will move on from buying Championship players to targeting a couple of the better players from lower PL teams like McNeil and Bissouma as the next step.  Whether they can pull it off I'm not sure.

the Championship thing is a bit of a myth, we have only signed 5 from the Championship since promotion compared to 8 from the Premier League

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the Championship thing is a bit of a myth, we have only signed 5 from the Championship since promotion compared to 8 from the Premier League

My point was moving to more established Premier League players from teams that up until now have been above us, improving us on the way and hopefully opening up a bigger gap between us and the lower half.  I wouldn't say we have done that with any of our PL signings except maybe Heaton; Targett and Martinez (ridiculously) were back ups, Doug never played a game, Mings a handful etc.  The truth is good players can come from anywhere, it's just a hunch as to the way I think Dean will want to go.

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

Am I alone in not wanting us to splash the reported 40 million pounds on Tammy? I do want us to buy a back up striker but I think there's a lot to be bought for much less money, I'm happy with Watkins starting so even if they are marginally worse than Tammy but come say for half the price (I don't think that would be unrealistic) that would allow us to better invest in areas where we desperately need improvement (wings and central midfield above all). We'll also need to replace Taylor an probably Engels too. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

I really hope we go all out for Buendia, he is exactly what we need. Our main deficiency is chance creation and patterns of play. We have no one besides Jack who can offer much in that capacity.

He could be gettable for 25-35m, has been at Norwich long enough and proven himself,  he’s young and has the potential to become a genuine star player. Just needs to play in a better side with better players.

He’s been one of the most creative players in both the Prem & Championship for the last few year, is superior to the likes of Barkley (even whenever he’s been on top form) and should hit the ground running.

Let’s not miss out on such a player who can take us to the next level and beyond.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I do quite like McNeil, and I do feel he would improve our squad for sure. Would probably improve our first 11 too. Though, I think we can do better. Would be happy if we signed him though.

He looks okay, but some reports are mentioning £60m.  I have never thought he was that good from the bits I have seen.

For me, I would much prefer Rashica for, say, £15m (or less, given he only has a year left) and Olise for the reported circa £10m release clause (3 players, including Jack, for two positions - LW/ACM - who could rotate)and spend the rest on a really good right winger.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I really hope we go all out for Buendia, he is exactly what we need. Our main deficiency is chance creation and patterns of play. We have no one besides Jack who can offer much in that capacity.

He could be gettable for 25-35m, has been at Norwich long enough and proven himself,  he’s young and has the potential to become a genuine star player. Just needs to play in a better side with better players.

He’s been one of the most creative players in both the Prem & Championship for the last few year, is superior to the likes of Barkley (even whenever he’s been on top form) and should hit the ground running.

Let’s not miss out on such a player who can take us to the next level and beyond.

I like him - he certainly brings creativity.  I just wonder if we need some pace given that Jack, on the other side, is not pacey.  Would this help us stretch things more for Ollie etc.?

I read that Citeh want to sell Sterling and replace with Jack because Pep just wants footballers, but I felt that they all look a bit samey when I have watched them and, against better teams, I think you sometimes need something different??

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Buendia is that good why has he spent 3 years at Norwich with 2 of those in the Championship?

Norwich spent nothing when they went up so didn't really have to claw anything back when they got relegated again.  Just banked the PL TV money.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had enquiries but they could still ask for big fees.

2 hours ago, WooJung said:

Am I alone in not wanting us to splash the reported 40 million pounds on Tammy? I do want us to buy a back up striker but I think there's a lot to be bought for much less money, I'm happy with Watkins starting so even if they are marginally worse than Tammy but come say for half the price (I don't think that would be unrealistic) that would allow us to better invest in areas where we desperately need improvement (wings and central midfield above all). We'll also need to replace Taylor an probably Engels too. 

Yeah I don’t mind IF we sign him, but I just don’t see how it fits our style & plan. 40 mil on a striker when we’ve spend about 60 mil on 2 strikers the past 2 years. There’s other positions we should be spending on improving before a backup striker (winger or #10 role). Like you also say there’s surely better value out there for a backup striker as well. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He looks okay, but some reports are mentioning £60m.  I have never thought he was that good from the bits I have seen.

For me, I would much prefer Rashica for, say, £15m (or less, given he only has a year left) and Olise for the reported circa £10m release clause (3 players, including Jack, for two positions - LW/ACM - who could rotate)and spend the rest on a really good right winger.

£60m hahah

Not. A. Chance. I assumed it would be like £15-20m or something.