Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/21 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

but, but, but subs.

I agree. It was sensible game management. We had the game under control throughout most of the second half.

Tbh it did work but damn it makes me nervous. Would have loved it if Deano trolled them in extra time and used all his subs there and then.

due a bit of luck. back 5 superb. fair doos to southampton, did a job on our midfield certainly first 40 mins. 10th win, but only the first we haven't deserved. buzzing.

But credit where credit is due. Three points in, yes we were lucky but we were extremely unlucky on wednesday.

We're five points off fourth place with a game in hand. Fantastic.

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Feels a bit grubby winning like that. This must be what being a man utd fan feels like.

Great three points but. Southampton are a good team and we haven't won there for ages. Ings is such a good player btw

yeah I would have been much happy if we would of lost.

IMG-20210130-WA0008.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bose said:

Spot on.

I love Smith but I genuinely don't understand his thinking here. Sometimes it's a trust issue but Nakamba has just recently had a great game and then you have Trez and El Ghazi as well who have had very important spells in the team.

I just do not get it.

He's got us from 17th in championship to 8th in prem in 2 years, and at the same time we are playing best football i have seen in decades.  Commentator said we average a shot on target every 15 mins. 

I completely trust Dean, even if I think its a little odd

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Didn’t need them, got the win, rested the players on the bench, good management for me. 

The players on the bench are plenty rested anyway, that's a false logic. Just because we managed to clinch a win doesn't mean that the question of subs isn't very relevant to pose.

McGinn getting slaughtered but has his role changed with Barkley playing so far forward ? Luiz and McGinn now have to cover much more space in the middle, he can’t afford to bomb forward as much as that leaves Luiz on his own, I know some of his passes appear sloppy etc but who knows it may be a role he doesn’t enjoy and is finding difficult to adjust to.

• Like 4

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

He's got us from 17th in championship to 8th in prem in 2 years, and at the same time we are playing best football i have seen in decades.  Commentator said we average a shot on target every 15 mins. 

I completely trust Dean, even if I think its a little odd

Yeah and like I said I love him. He's done wonders for us, there is no questioning that. He's the best manager we've had in, at least, the last 25 years.

Surely we're still able to debate and wonder about this though?

1 minute ago, smg said:

McGinn getting slaughtered but has his role changed with Barkley playing so far forward ? Luiz and McGinn now have to cover much more space in the middle, he can’t afford to bomb forward as much as that leaves Luiz on his own, I know some of his passes appear sloppy etc but who knows it may be a role he doesn’t enjoy and is finding difficult to adjust to.

I thought McGinn did very well in the second half, different from the first half when he was more sloppy.

how can anyone give smith anything other than very poor for that game.  I cant believe his inability to affect a game with his bench.  it was so bad I was fuming.  it was obvious traore needed to come off in the second half.  so obvious

• Haha 1

Â